In order to apply for a scholarship from AHU, you have to meet the following criteria
- AHU scholarships only go to preadmitted students
- There are two types of scholarship from AHU, a CGS (sponsored by the Chinese government) or a Tuition Scholarship. You can request multiple scholarships from AHU but must first contact the University. The deadline is 31st May.
Research Specific Scholarship Options
To be eligible for the AHU scholarships mentioned in these pages, you must first be accepted to one of our highly competitive courses. You can find more information about how to apply for our undergraduate courses on the following page.
- For which types of courses are these scholarships offered?
- What are its requirements?
- Which grade is needed for an enhanced chance of being granted a scholarship by AHU?
Who Can Apply For The Scholarships
Anhui University requires certain prerequisites to be met before applicants are considered for their CSC scholarship, no matter which level of award it is. As well as filling in an eligibility form, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country other than China and have a sound mind and healthy body.
- Different programs have different age requirements. Usually it's not more than 35 years for Master's programmes and applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree. To qualify for Doctoral programmes you cannot be over 45 years old but should hold a master’s degree.
- Applicants must also have been conditionally admitted into the University before being nominated or recommended by Anhui University for this scholarship award.
- An applicant cannot already have another scholarship at another institution offered to them. Likewise, Anhui University can’t nominate any candidate who has been nominated by another institution - in either case, they would be ineligible to receive this award in future semesters.
Filling The Application Form Details
If you are applying for the CSC scholarship, here is how to fill out the application form:
- Go to the CSC website and create a profile with your details
- You will see an inline application form there - fill it up
- If you want to apply for more than one scholarship, you need to make a separate account for each one of them, and provide contact information for them all too (contact number and email address
- When filling in the form on this website, find which agency is responsible for managing applications (e g if your university's name is 'UWO' and the agency number is 165), enter that number into step 12 of this process ('choose which scholarship') as shown below:
- Read all relevant information carefully before proceeding
Improve Your Chances
Anhui University selects candidates for the China Scholarship Council scholarship through a rigorous selection process. The competition is very fierce, and many applications are received every year.
China Scholarship Council Application And Results Time Frame
Applying for the CSC scholarship through Anhui University involves these steps:
- Between October and February, pre-admission requirements must be fulfilled
- Between April and June, the online form must be completed
- Starting in July or August, applicants will be selected for scholarships
Good luck to all applicants wondering wondering how to participate in this process!