Good To KnowOne thing to note is that the scholarships only go to pre-admitted students. There are two types of BJUT scholarships. China Government Scholarships (CGS) are for countries who have a diplomatic relation and cultural exchange with China, while Tuition Scholarships can be used for a single or multiple years. You can request these awards, but it pays to call the university in advance if you want to know which combinations may be allowed. Deadline is 31st May
Before ApplyingBJUT offers a range of different type B scholarships to those accepted into an undergraduate degree program at the university. These scholarships are competitive and selective, but they provide funding to help underfunded students with their living costs and tuition fees. You can speak to one of the university's advisors if you want more information on various scholarship opportunities and eligibility requirements.
Are You Suitable For The CSC ScholarshipThe Beijing University of Technology does not recommend an application for the CSC Scholarship unless the applicant meets these criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country other than China.
- Be sound-minded and healthy.
- Meet certain age requirements. A master’s degree can be applied for before they are 35-years old, but they must be pre-admitted first or their application will not be considered or recommended by Beijing University of Technology for financial support. Doctoral applicants need to have a master’s degree at least, with any age limitation set based on program stipulations before they are 45 years old. However, degrees from one or more other universities cannot be used to qualify an applicant for this scholarship through nomination by the institution offering it..
Filling The FormTo apply for the CSC scholarship at Beijing University of Technology, please do the following:
- Go to the CSC official website and create a profile for yourself with all your details.
- Enter Beijing University of Technology’s online application form and fill in your profile. If you are applying to more than one university, make sure you don’t enter any data from this account in any other applications. Return to this page if necessary.
- Choose the type of scholarship that corresponds to your program from “Scholarships offered” or “Pre-set scholarships” section on left navigation panel => Choose => click on "Apply"=> Fill in 11 fields provided=> Finish filling => Click submit button=> Take a print out of submitted file and keep a copy for other references in case needed.
Maximize Your Success ChancesRegardless of your chosen course, Beijing University of Technology has a rigorous and competitive selection process for the CSC scholarship. There are many applicants for this scholarship each year; with high competition, the number one thing you can do to increase your chances of selected as a recipient is as follows:
- Check what documents each university asks for on the university website that you're applying to. Each university will ask you for different documents - so don't just blindly submit what they ask for!
- If the university you're applying to requests an application form in addition to the CSC application, use that opportunity to provide them with required secondary information. If they request it, do not send hard copies until after being notified by email or telephone that they have received all necessary information
- Double check your application form - ensuring all information given is accurate before submitting it - because experience demonstrates that submitting an inaccurate form will lose points immediately due to data provided being incorrect
- Get two recommendation letters from previous professors who know you well so their letter can be included with your application which strengthens it._
China Scholarship Council Application And Results Time FrameExpect the following timeline for each of these processes when applying for a Beijing University of Technology scholarship
- Proccessing time: 12 weeks. This includes a) applying for admission to Beijing University of Technology before the deadline of January 31, and b) completing the CGS online application form by April.
- Selection process: 90-120 days after the pre-admissions application is submitted.
“Roughly two weeks after selection, you will be notified of your selection result and at that point you will have to submit your scholarship agreement with payment information before being recognized as a scholar by