China Scholarship Council FactsEstablishing the following points will help prospective students
- CFAU scholarships are reserved for students accepted into CFAU, and not open to all applicants
- There are two types of scholarships: the CGS (a scholarship funded by the Chinese government for countries with diplomatic ties and cultural exchanges), and Tuition Scholarships. You can apply for multiple CFAU scholarships at one time, but you must check whether these scholarships combined with others is acceptable before applying.
Deadline is 31st May.
Research Specific Scholarship OptionsChina Foreign Affairs University's type B scholarships are only available to current students. But once you're accepted, you could access funding to further your studies through individual scholarships - that is, fees and living expenses for undergraduate courses. Find out more about CFAU's different scholarship options and eligibility grade needed for an improved chance of offer.
Who Is EligibleIf you are not eligible for this scholarship, your application will not be considered. China Foreign Affairs University requires the following from candidates for eligibility to apply:
- Must be a citizen of a country other than China.
- Different programs have different age requirements. However, regardless of which program you are applying to, if you have been awarded or offered another scholarship from any other university CSC will not consider your application.
How To ApplyIf you're planning to apply for the CSC Scholarship at China Foreign Affairs University, here's how:
Log in and create a profile on the CSC homepage and fill in your details.
You'll then see our custom scholarship app in-line. Fill it out and you'll be automatically entered to be considered.
Note down which university is in charge of your application process, as each one has an agency number
Enter the corresponding agency number when you return to fill out your scholarship application
Select which scholarships you wish to apply for based on your study level
Choose accurate details that match any documents if asked for. Take care not to lie or invent anything that may identify you more easily under a pseudonym! Submit your application
Improve Your ChancesChina Foreign Affairs University is one of China’s leading universities—you can increase your chances of entering the CSC Scholarship program by doing the following:
- Locate which documents are required on the university website. Each university will ask for different kinds of documents; make sure you submit all necessary information specific to that university, rather than submitting the same documents to every school
- Check if a separate application (in addition to the CSC application) is needed specifically for this university, or if they will accept your CSC application form only. Some will ask for this separate form
- If some universities require additional time to check your submitted paperwork before taking copies on paper, then submit both hard copies and electronic (soft) copies with appropriate supporting materials
- Double check that you have included all necessary materials in your application so it meets requirements—and submit!
When To Apply And Wait For ResultsYou can expect the following time frame for each step in order to apply for the China Foreign Affairs University Scholarship:
- Pre-admission - You need to get pre-admissions between October and February
- CGS application form deadline is April
- Selection by China Foreign Affairs University will be between May and June.
- Approval by CSC of scholarship recipient will happen around July or August, which means that they should then be able to participate in courses starting in September. Congratulations on your applications!