The Chongqing University is inviting applications for President Scholarship for International Students to study degree programs or visiting programs (for at least 3 months) at the University for the academic year 2018-2019.
The Chongqing University President Scholarship is aimed to support outstanding international students to study degree programs or visiting programs (for at least 3 months) at Chongqing University.
Chongqing University (CQU) is a key national university and a member of the “Excellence League”, located in Chongqing, Southwest China. It is also one of the “211 Project” and “985 Project” universities with full support in construction and development from the central government and Chongqing Municipal Government.
Chongqing University President Scholarship Description:
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Bachelors, Master and Doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award:
1. Full Scholarship (available to prospective degree students) covers:
– Exemption from registration fee and tuition
– Free on-campus accommodation or off-campus accommodation subsidy?700 RMB per month?
– Living stipend:
2,200RMB per month for doctoral degree student
1,800RMB per month for master’s degree student
1,500RMB per month for bachelor’s degree student
-free comprehensive medical insurance for international students
2. Partial Scholarship(available to prospective degree students and visiting students) covers:
– Exemption from registration fee and tuition.
– Free comprehensive medical insurance for international students.
- Nationality: Available to Non-Chinese citizens
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Chongqing University President Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available to Non-Chinese citizens.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and meet admission requirements of Chongqing University.
- Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct.
- Applicants should abide by the laws and decrees of China and comply with rules and regulations of Chongqing University.
- Applicants may not be recipients of any other scholarships at the same time.
- Applicants should fill out the application form correctly, honestly, completely, and submit application materials as required.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Chongqing University President Scholarship:
How to Apply: The applicants are required to provide the following application materials in triplicate and post them to the Admissions Office of School of International Education, Chongqing University.
–Application Form. Applicants are required to fill in the application form in Chinese or in English and have the application form printed, pasted with a photo and signed.
–Photocopy of a valid passport.
– Original notarized certificate of highest diploma and transcript.
If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should provide a pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translation in Chinese or English.
– A study or research plan in Chinese or in English.
– Two reference letters in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors (only required for applicants applying for master or doctoral degree program).
– Language proficiency certificate. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs shall submit HSK certificate (HSK4 or above) or other certificates equivalent. Applicants for English-taught programs shall submit English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS or English instruction certificate or other certificates equivalent) (not for applicants from English-speaking countries).
– Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are considered invalid.