Some Facts About CSC Scholarships
This brief overview will help you to apply for a scholarship at Dalian Maritime University. CGS scholarships are only offered to applicants who have already been accepted into the university, while tuition scholarships can be applied for annually. Apply by May 31st if you wish to request a scholarship of either type. Neither can be combined with another, so speak with DMU representatives about what other types of aid may be provided before applying for more than one scholarship at once.
To be eligible for DMU scholarships, you must first get accepted into one of the university’s degree programs, which are highly competitive. You may then access scholarship funds to continue your studies. Here are some details on what you need to know about these scholarships:
- Which grade do I need in order to have an improved chance at being offered a scholarship?
- What types of financing are available through the referral process, and what do they cover?
- Can funds go towards living expenses? If so how much is the maximum amount allowed for this type of support?
Are You Suitable For The CSC Scholarship
Dalian Maritime University only recommends applicants for the CSC scholarship if they are eligible. The following are requirements of eligibility:
- Be a citizen of a country other than China
- Sound in body and mind
- Not more than 35 years old for the Master’s program
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years of work experience
- Doctoral program applicants should not be more than 45 years old. They also must have their master’s degree, or equivalent, with at least 10 years of work experience. Candidates cannot be nominated to apply by any other university.
Filling The Application Form Details
Before applying for the CSC scholarship at Dalian Maritime University, be sure that you have prepared all the materials listed below:
- Create a CSC profile with your name, date of birth and contact information
- Inline on the page is a setup to apply for scholarships from several different universities. For each scholarship you are applying for, make a new account on this website. For research scholarships, one university will be in charge of managing applications ̶ so note down their number.
- Enter the number listed on top of this webpage if you are a research scholar or graduate student. Choose from different types of scholarships with differing requirements ̶ follow their guidelines when filling out the form and submitting ̶ then save/download your application materials as proof once it is submitted so they can't modify it later!
Maximize Your Success Chances
As one of the top Chinese universities to select scholarship candidates, Dalian Maritime University chooses applications through a rigorous process. Many people apply for the CSC scholarship each year, so you need to stand out to have a better chance. Some advice includes: check the university website for various documents required - some are different from others so don't send any old ones in blindly; if they are asking for more info in addition to your CSC form, submitting copies of your documents with your application is recommended since many will take time to verify all requirements before taking hard copies; be sure you've provided all required information on the application before hitting submit or it may be rejected! To make your application stronger, get two recommendation letters from previous lecturers about their strong qualities in order that when judging they see not only who you are but also what you have achieved academically.
China Scholarship Council Application Deadlines
When applying to Dalian Maritime University, it will take roughly the following amount of time for each process:
- Attending pre-admissions interviews between October and February
- Submitting the CGS application form by April
- Attending selection interviews around May - June, which can lead to an offer in July - August.
Good luck on your applications!