Liaoning Government Scholarship at Dalian Maritime University
Liaoning Government Scholarship at Dalian Maritime University (DMU), Under the mandate of the Liaoning Provincial Government, Dalian Maritime University is opening application for full-time doctoral degree studies under the 2018 Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Program.In order to facilitate the implementation of Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship, the following detailed implementation has been issued in accordance with the <Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Application Method>
I. Scholarship scope and distribution
1. The Scholarship is aimed at assisting Doctorate students who apply for studying at Dalian Maritime University in 2018.
Scholarship scope:Liaoning Government Scholarship at Dalian Maritime University (DMU)
—Length of study: 3 years
—Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
—Students are exempt from registration fees, tuition, laboratory fees, internship fees, basic study materials, campus accommodation costs, and medical insurance.
— A living stipend is provided: 3,500RMB/month
Note: The international travelling expenses are covered by the student.
2. Qualifications for scholarship application:
—Applicants must be foreign citizens in good health;
—Applicants must comply with the laws and decrees of China and the regulations of DMU;
— Applicants must have obtained a master’s degree recognized by the Ministry of Education, People’s Republic of China and not be older than 40; Liaoning Government Scholarship at Dalian Maritime University (DMU)
— Applicants should be graduates of internationally known universities, or those universities that have established exchange programs with Dalian Maritime University. Applicants should have excellent grades and provide two professor recommendation letters;
— Your major of master’s degree should belong to the same discipline of the chosen doctoral degree program.Liaoning Government Scholarship at Dalian Maritime University (DMU)
— The applicant should not be holding scholarships of any other category supported by Chinese Government or local governments in China.
II. Doctoral Degree Programs
Duration of Study
Navigation Science and Technology *
Traffic Information Engineering & Control
Marine Traffic Engineering
Marine Engineering College
Marine Electrical Engineering
Information Science and Technology College
Information and Communication Engineering
Computer Application Technology
Control Theory and Control Engineering
Transportation and Management college
Transportation Planning and Management
Logistics Engineering and Management
Management Science and Engineering
Transportation Equipments and Ocean Engineering College
Highway and Railway Engineering
Vehicle Operation Engineering
Design and Construction of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure
Rescue and Salvage Engineering
School of Law
Environmental Science and Engineering College
College of Marxism
Research on Chinese Marxism
Note: The specialties marked with a “*” can be conducted in English.
III. Application materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (application materials should be submitted in hard copy in triplicate).
1. Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Application Form.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Notarized copies of bachelor’s degree and master’s degree should be submitted. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. The notarized documents should be submitted in original copies.
Note: ① If you are a graduate of 2018, please submit an official proof of student status which must be marked with the expected graduation date and the time to obtain the prospective diploma.
② If you are an employed person, apart from the degree certificate and transcripts, please also submit your certificate of employment.
3. Academic Transcripts: Notarized copies of transcripts of both undergraduate study and master’s degree study should be submitted. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. The notarized documents should be submitted in original copies.
4. Certificate of HSK: Certificate of HSK 5th level or above is required if you are applying for Chinese-medium programs. Applicants without an HSK certificate (5th level or above) should attend the Mandarin level test of the university. Those who get a result equivalent to HSK 5th level can start major study.
5. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form: The photocopy must be enclosed with one photo of the applicant; the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designated by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and should be printed double-sided. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
6. Study Plan: A study plan or research proposal written in Chinese shall be no fewer than 3000 words for doctoral degree study; a study plan or research proposal written in English shall be no fewer than 2500 words. The study plan or research proposal should include educational background and work experience, results of academic research, research plan for graduate study, and personal goals and plans after graduation, etc.
7. Recommendation letters: Applicants should provide two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. The notarized documents should be submitted in original copies.
8. Photocopy of Valid Passport: The photocopies should include all the personal information pages of your passport.
9. If the applicant has published a paper, received an award or scholarship or any other evidence of academic ability, the title, abstract and publication or any other valid documentation should be provided.
Note: The application materials will not be returned whether applicants are accepted or not.
IV. Application time and approval process
Application is open until the April 30th of 2018.
1. The application materials should be sent to International Education College (IEC) of DMU on or before April 30th 2018. IEC will select qualified applicants and send their documents to relevant faculties.
2. The list of nominated candidates will be decided by the experts of DMU. The results of the assessment will be announced on the website of IEC by end of May.
3. DMU will report the results to Educational Department of Liaoning Provincial Government. Nominated candidates will be officially awarded Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship with the approval from the above mentioned department.
4. DMU will send the Admission Notice and Visa application form (JW202) to successful applicants by the end of July, 2018.
Ⅴ Scholarship recipients are not permitted to change the major, medium of instruction, host university or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Notice.
Ⅵ Scholarship recipients are required to finish registration at DMU within the registration period prescribed by DMU. Students who fail to register within the stipulated time limit without the permission from DMU, the student status and scholarship status of his/her will be automatically cancelled.
Ⅶ Scholarship recipients should participate in annual scholarship evaluation. Students who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship cancelled.Liaoning Government Scholarship at Dalian Maritime University (DMU)
VIII Dalian Maritime University retains the final right of interpretation of these detailed implementation regulations.
IX Contact Us
For any questions, please contact:
Room 403, International Education College, Dalian Maritime University,
Address: No.1 Linghai Road, High-tech Zone District, Dalian, People’s Republic of China.
Liaoning Government Scholarship at Dalian Maritime University (DMU), Under the mandate of the Liaoning Provincial Government, Dalian Maritime University is opening application for full-time doctoral degree studies under the 2018 Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Program.In order to facilitate the implementation of Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship, the following detailed implementation has been issued in accordance with the