Things To ConsiderDongbei University of Finance and Economics offers two types of scholarships: CGS grants sponsored by the Chinese government, targeted to countries with diplomatic ties and a history of cultural exchanges; and Tuition Scholarships, which provide either full or partial tuition for one year. There is an application fee for graduate studies at Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, but it's free to apply to either type of scholarship. Deadline is May 31st.
Do Your ResearchTo be eligible for DUFE's scholarships - type B - you must first have been accepted into one of the university's programs, which are highly competitive and selective. Once that is done, you can receive funding through individual scholarships.
- Get information about the different types of DUFE scholarships available: specifically whether they're available for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses, who is eligible to apply, what grade they're offered at
- Work with a future student adviser to assess eligibility and ensure all requirements are met; ask about how to submit an application.
Who Is Eligible For The ScholarshipsIn order to apply for the Dongbei University of Finance and Economics CSC Scholarship, you must fulfil the eligibility requirements. These requirements are:
- Must be a non-Chinese national with a sound mind and body
- Different programmes have different age requirements
- Not over 35 for the Master’s programme and must hold a Bachelor’s degree of qualification, not over 45 for Doctoral programme and must hold a Master’s degree of qualifications. For more information, please visit our website.
“Applications for this scholarship will not be reviewed or recommended without pre-admission status verified under university regulations by Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE). Applications received from other Universities will not be considered Eligible Scholarship Candidates (ESC) of DUFE."
Application FormCSC officially maintains a website with regularly updated information about scholarships and prestigious awards on offer (https://campuschina.org on their site. Once you’ve visited the website and created an account, go to “Online Application of CSC Scholarships” and click the red button of the scholarship that best suits your goals of study. Fill in your personal details, including name and surname, email address, phone number(s), ethnicity, city or country where you live or were born in and gender. If you are applying for more than one scholarship at different institutions, don’t worry--you can create a separate account for each one by clicking “New Account" after filling out all personal details such as nationality or statehood of residence).
Every university will have an agency in charge of the application process. Note this Agency number down--ask which agency deals with online applications if it is not easy to find otherwise). Now enter this Agency number in the application form you are filling out on Dongbei University of Finance and Economics's official website when applying for all scholarships offered by CSC (note: depending on whether your scholarship is suitable for undergraduate or postgraduate studies will determine which tab to click- look for categories labeled "Undergraduate Scholarship" or "Postgraduate
Maximize The Probability Of Winning The ScholarshipDongbei University of Finance and Economics selects candidates for the CSC Scholarship through a rigorous process. The application pool is very competitive, and many scholarships are sought by applicants each year.
Here's how you can increase your chances of being recommended for the 2022 CSC Scholarship:
- Check university websites to identify which documents are required, as each university will ask for different ones.
- If a separate application form is needed in addition to the one created with the CSC, check that they both have been submitted correctly.
- If any university asks for time to verify your documents before it takes your application form, submit soft copies along with hard copies.
- Double check all fields on your submission and ensure that they contain complete information and accompanying documentation before clicking "submit."
Remember: two recommendation letters from professors increases strength of application form.
China Scholarship Council Application DeadlinesWhen you apply for a Dongbei University of Finance and Economics scholarship through CGS, the process will take about the following times:
- Pre-admissions: You need to get your pre-admissions between October and February
- CGS Online Application Form: You must submit your form by April
- Selection by CDUFE: The selection will happen from May to June.
- Approval from CSC: After reviewing your application, the scholarship committee at Dongbei University of Finance and Economics will then approve it for September courses around July or August.
Good luck with your applications