China Scholarship Council FactsPotential scholarship benefits:
- CGS scholarships: Scholarships funded by the Chinese government that promote cultural exchange and political relations with other countries. There is heavy competition for these scholarships
- Tuition scholarship: You can get a tuition scholarship for a whole academic year, which you can reapply to next year.
- Scholarship application fee: No application fee necessary, just for graduate programs at Fudan University
- No hard copies needed in most cases with online submission methods available
- Multiple scholarships allowed, but some cannot be combined
- Do thorough original research of the information on each potential scholarship to find which ones cannot be combined
Research Specific Scholarship OptionsFudan University often offers scholarships in category B. These are highly competitive, but there are ways to increase your chances of getting one. Building up all your skills and meeting the requirements is key; the scholarship counselors at the university will be able to help you find out more.
Who Is EligibleFudan University offers a limited number of scholarships to candidates from all different countries, who have a Bachelor’s Degree and are at least 18 years old. Candidates must meet the university's program requirements for Master's or Doctorate degrees, which can range from 18 to 45 years of age. In order to be eligible for the scholarship, you must not have been offered another scholarship already. The university also cannot nominate candidates applying for their CSC Scholarship from other universities. This is because only applicants from Fudan University will be considered and recommended as a candidate for the CSC Scholarship award by Fudan University itself.
Filling The Form Step By StepYou can apply for a Fudan University scholarship by following these steps:
Go to the CSC website and create your profile. Fill in all the details you can.
In the next page, where it says “apply for a CSC scholarship”, paste your agency number from that page into this window.
Different scholarships are available for different programs - be sure to select the right one when asked!
Fill out all of the optional information they ask you in this form.
Keep any hard copies of this form with other important papers when done.
How To Make Sure You Are Awarded With The ScholarshipFudan University is one of China’s leading universities, ranked 60th for the CSC Scholarship. The university selects its candidates through a rigorous selection process - which makes it highly competitive to be recommended by the university for the scholarship. However, there are ways to increase your chances of being successful in receiving their scholarship - simply ensure that you meet their requirements so they can recommend you for it.
Firstly, check if a separate application form is required in addition to the CSC application form. Some universities will ask for this - so take care not submit one without meeting all necessary requirements. Secondly, double-check any personal information on your form to ensure that everything has been met adequately before hitting submit. Finally, get two recommendation letters from previous lecturers / professors - these will help your chances at receiving clearance!
When To Apply And Wait For Results-Pre-admission: The process of getting pre-admissions can be done anytime between October and February.
- CGS online application form: This must be submitted by April.
- Fudan University selection: This will happen around May – June; we'll review your application and, if successful, it will approved and you'll join the course in September.
It takes about 5 months to complete the entire process of applying for a CSC scholarship with Fudan University. Good luck!