Things To Consider
-Harbin University of Science and Technology provides scholarships only to students who have been pre-approved for admission;
- The university offers two types of scholarships:
- "CGS" (Chinese Government Scholarship) which corresponds to the number of countries with diplomatic and cultural exchanges;
- "Tuition Scholarship" creates a full or partial tuition per year. Be sure not to apply more than one, as most cannot be combined together. Deadline is May 31th.
Do Your Research
HUST offers 3 types of scholarships.
- Be accepted into one of our degree programs, which are highly competitive and selective.
- If you're approved to enroll at HUST, award-winners can access funding for living expenses and tuition fees.
- Work with the university to find out what grade is needed for an improved chance at scholarship funding.
Are You Suitable For The CSC Scholarship
It is not possible to qualify and apply for the CSC Scholarship. To be considered and recommended by HUST, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than China
- Speak both English and Chinese
- Have a sound mind and body
- Not be more than 35 years old for the Master’s degree or 45 years old for Doctorate degree
- Preferably meet requirements for admission to Harbin University of Science and Technology (HUST)
- Not be receiving any other scholarship offered by another university.
To apply for a Harbin University of Science and Technology scholarship, you’ll need to visit the CSC website and submit a profile, with all your details. Once created, you can then use that profile to apply for one or more scholarships. When applying for scholarships from different universities through the same account, note down the name of the university's assigned agency in the application form field. As a safety measure it is also advisable to keep copies of all application forms submitted on your local system.
Maximize The Probability Of Winning The Scholarship
Harbin University of Science and Technology is China's premier university, which selects CSC scholarship applicants through a rigorous process. Applications are high for this scholarship—to increase your chances of being chosen in 2022, follow these steps:
- Sign up for the university website to find out what documents each institution asks for. Each school has different requirements, so don't hesitate to ask which ones you need
- Fill out an application if the institution requires a separate form. Some schools will want this instead of a CSC application form
- Submit soft copies if the university you're interested in needs time to check your hard copies before including them with your application form.
- Verify that all necessary documents and information have been provided on your application before hitting submit.
- Request two recommendation letters from previous professors when applying—a strong letter from two sources goes much farther than just one!
China Scholarship Council Application Deadlines
Applications for the Harbin University of Science and Technology can take three months following the steps below:
- Get your pre-admissions by October to February (these will include your personal essay, CV or resume and necessary documents like transcripts). You can apply online
- After receiving the CGS online application form you submit it by April. After this, there may be a selection where other students will review and make a final decision around May to June
- The Harbin University of Science and Technology will then decide if you’re approved for a scholarship in July or August and let you know that it’ll