Some Facts About CSC ScholarshipsScholarship guidelines
- HU scholarships are available for prospective, not current students;- There are two types of scholarships: CGS (Chinese government sponsored,) and Tuition Scholarships, which can be awarded once or for multiple years
- You may apply for as many HU Scholarships as you qualify, but will need to contact the university to find out which combinations are allowable; Deadline is May 31st.
First StepsHohai University is the only place in China that offers Category B scholarships, which are highly competitive and can only be applied for through Hohai University. Here’s what you need to do:
First, find out about the various programs offered by the university - it has many programs to browse through at the bottom of this article.
Secondly, learn about each scholarship's requirements and see what form of funding they offer - some are fully funded while others are partially funded, renew annually or not at all.
Lastly, find out what Hohai University specifically requires for its scholarship applicants- competition varies from school to school.
Talk to a university representative directly if you need more help with your application or would like additional resources on applying for college scholarships overall.
Who Can Apply For The ScholarshipsIf you are not eligible under the Hohai University’s requirements, for example if you live in China, have a physical disability, are over 35 years old or have another scholarship offer already- your application will not be considered for a CSC scholarship. that are submitted prior to being admitted will also not be considered.
"Please note that international applicants need an additional step of pre-admission.
How To ApplyIf you plan to apply for a Hohai University (CSC) scholarship, you should fill out the following application form:
* Go to https://campuschina.org and create a profile and provide your details
* Every university has an agency in charge of scholarship applications; make a note of this agency number - we'll call it Agency A
* Now, enter AgencyA's number in the application form when applying for a CSC scholarship on the CSC website - we'll call this Form A
* When doing so, choose one or more scholarships from the list that matches your level of study - Form A will have been automatically configured when you provided your details
I don't have enough space here to explain all the different types of scholarships available at various levels, so follow these steps carefully!
- Fill in everything required in Form A - it's important not to deceive them by providing false information because they will check for this! 2) Press "submit" 3) Make sure you download Form A before pressing submit 4) If needed, take a hard copy of FormA and keep it with other documents 5) When filling out another forms if needed e.g., another university's scholarship application form DEFINITELY fill out all three sections
Maximize Your Success ChancesHohai University is one of the country's leading CSC Scholarship selection universities. With many applicants to choose from, it’s important to present your best application. Here are our top five tips for improving your chances for success:
- Check the university website to see which documents they require before beginning your application. Each university will ask for different documents; make sure you don’t submit the same ones to every school!
- If the university requires separate application forms in addition to that provided by CSC, then provide it too. Some schools will need this form before reviewing other materials submitted with it
- If some universities require time to verify submitted documentation, you can submit hard copies earlier than others while submitting soft copies at the same time so they can use them if necessary. It might also help if you do this in advance of due time allowed so you aren't rushed during its final days - double-check before hitting Submit!
- Lastly, get two letters of recommendation from previous professors who know your academic ability well - these letters can give a boost and strength to an otherwise good application form
China Scholarship Council Application DeadlinesIf you would like to apply for a scholarship from the Hohai University, the process will take this time:
- The pre-admissions process begins between October and February
- The online application form, which is required for submission by April, will be reviewed by the CSC around May – June.
- You can expect a commitment from them on your behalf around July – August so that you may join a course in September.
Good luck with your applications!