China Scholarship Council FactsIn order to be eligible for a scholarship from HNU, you should be a pre-admitted student and commit to pursuing one of the following programs: bilateral, or CGS scholarships. Before applying, make sure you understand how much money is needed after graduation and consult with advisors to see what benefits are available.
Before ApplyingTo apply for the Hunan University's scholarships, you need to first be accepted as a student. This is a competitive process and admissions are select; however, if you're selected by the university then you will be eligible for funding. Undergraduate qualification is needed but what type will depend on your field: Arts and Architecture require one Bachelor's degree and Engineering requires two Bachelor's degrees)Usually every scholarship has its own requirements: some scholarships provide full funding while others only cover part of your tuition fees. Moreover, some scholarships may be renewable depending on students' grades during their senior high school years or entrance exam results'. To qualify for this type of scholarship, you should work with an advisor specialized in this field to discuss your eligibility and ensure that all criteria have been met.
Who Can Apply For The ScholarshipsThe Hunan University CSC scholarship is not available to students outside of China as well as those who do not meet academic standards.
CGS applicants must be pre-admitted for their application to be considered and recommended for the scholarship. Applicants may not hold another scholarship or be nominated by a different university, and cannot have participated in higher education more than a year ago.
Filling The FormApplying for the Hunan University (CSC) scholarship is not too hard. Do this:
- Go to their website and create a profile with all your details
- You will see an inline application form; fill it in
- If you are applying for more than one university, make separate accounts
- Write down the agency number for each university you're applying to
- Enter that agency number in the application form on CSC's website, which will vary depending on what type of scholarship you want-freshman or graduate student; undergraduate or graduate; etc;
- Fill in all the required information with truthful answers and submit
- Download your submitted application form and keep a copy as well as taking a hard copy which can be filed with papers
Maximize Your Success ChancesHere are some tips on how to increase your chance of being selected for a CSC scholarship at Hunan University:
- Look through the university’s website and be aware of the required documents. Different universities will ask for different sets of documents, as you don't want to submit the same set to all universities you apply to.
- When applying, if a separate application form is required then also apply for this. Some universities require this as well as your CSC application form.
- If you know that verifying your documents can take a while at Hunan University before they process them, then submit soft copies with hard copies along with your application form.
- Double check everything in your CSC application before hitting that "submit" button – make sure any information and accompanying documents are correct and complete, bearing in mind it's partly due diligence on their end too! You need two letters from former professors - one from each institution if possible – that outline why they think you're ideal for this opportunity ahead.
When To Apply And Wait For ResultsHere’s a timeline for the Hunan University CSC scholarship process:
- Pre-admission: You need to take care of that in October-February. At this stage, you need to submit your online application form which must be submitted by April when the selection happens
- In July the CSC will approve your application, which means you can join classes in September after getting selected!