At Jilin University, there are two types of scholarships available to pre-admitted students. The first type is offered through the JLU Bilateral Program, which is for graduate programs at JLU. The second type is offered through the CGS University Scholarship program, which offers money for students attending undergraduate programs. Unsurprisingly, the application fee does not apply to scholarship applicants - it only applies to those who are applying for Masters or PhD level study at JLU. One thing you'll need to decide upon before you begin applying is how much money you feel confident that your intended career field will provide after graduation!
Before Filling The Application
To receive scholarships for study at Jilin University you must first be accepted to the university. This is very competitive and admission selection is highly selective. However, once you are approved by your university you will be eligible for individual scholarships - these are designed to meet your specific needs. Once granted, here are things you can kindly do:
- Find out about undergraduate qualifications needed;
- Explore the range of scholarship options offered at the university - will they provide full or partial funding? Are they renewable?
- Learn more about what's required of students for this level of scholarship;
- Sort out eligibility with an advisor; make sure that everything has been covered; campaigner
Who Is Eligible For The Scholarships
Unless you meet the University's eligibility requirements, your application for its CSC Scholarship will not even stand a chance of being considered. Here are what Jilin University's requirements are:
- You must be a citizen of a country other than China and in good mental and physical health
- Different programs have different age requirements.
- You can not have reached 35 years in Master’s course, nor 45 years in Doctoral course, unless you hold at least one degree in another Masters course.
- Be admitted to apply for the scholarship for consideration.
- There should not already be another scholarship being offered to you anywhere else
- Any other university should not nominate you as an applicant for its CGS Scholarship
Filling The Application Form Details
To apply for the CSC scholarship, carefully fill in and submit the following:
- Go to the project website and create an account with your information;
- Fill out a form that will appear onscreen;
- Write down the name of the applicant's agent (the nonprofit organization overseeing this process);
- Add your agent's name to each form you fill out on Jilin University’s website;
- Different scholarships are given for different types of education. Determine what level of education is needed, then select a scholarship from among the options listed. Some scholarships are only open to men or women. Others are open to all people regardless of background or other considerations.;
- Fill out all required information in proper detail. Be sure not to make up any information should it be nonexistent or irrelevant.; Once all forms have been submitted, you should download them onto your computer for future reference.;
Maximize Your Success Chances
Jilin University is one of the world's leading universities which selects students for Suburbia Scholarships through an intense process. Competition for these scholarships is high, with many applicants every year. To increase your chances of being recommended by Jilin University for its 2022 Suburbia Scholarship, follow these guidelines:
- Find out which documents are required by the university - each may ask for different ones. Ensure you don't just submit the same set across universities
- Find out if a separate application form is needed in addition to the CSC application form. Some will require this
- If universities need time to verify your documents before taking your hard copies, submit soft copies as well (especially if you can't do both). Double check you've provided everything required up front before pressing 'Submit'
- Get at least two reference letters from previous professors; these will enhance your application and make it stronger
When To Apply And Wait For Results
The process of applying for Jilin University’s CSC scholarship takes the following amount of time for each step:
- Pre-admission - You need to start this process in October or earlier
- CGS online application needs to be submitted by the end of April
- Selection will take place in May or June
- After reviewing, you should receive a reply from the CSC around July or August, giving you enough time to join your course in September. We wish you good luck with your applications!