Kunming Medical University offers scholarships solely to students who have been pre-admitted. There are two types: bilateral and graduation grant/university scholarship. All fees for applying for programs at the university, including those for masters and PhDs, must be paid before submitting an application; there is no fee for applying for a graduate scholarship. A candidate may only apply to one type of grant (bilateral or graduation grant), and some cannot be combined - do your research first before applying!
To apply for Kunming Medical University's type B scholarships, applicants must first be accepted into one of its degree programs; these are very competitive and admissions are highly selective. But if you're good enough, we'll reward you with financial support to study our courses - every student is eligible for up to 3 scholarships (though some can get more). Here's what you should know:
- Find out about the different types of scholarship we offer - will they provide full or partial funding? Are they renewable?
- Learn more about what is required to receive a type B scholarship - did your grades improve during senior high school? What entry exams did you have to take?
- Find out which undergraduate qualification is needed
- Talk with an advisor from our department so you can make sure that all boxes have been ticked before applying.
Who Is Eligible
Qualified candidates for Kunming Medical University scholarships must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of an eligible country and sound in mind and body
- There are different age limits for different programs. If you want to apply to a Master’s degree, for example, you must be under 35 years old whereas if you want to apply to a Doctoral program, there is no age limit but it is advisable that candidates have completed an undergraduate degree first
- Applications will only go forward if the student has been pre-admitted to Kunming Medical University and can provide appropriate admission documents (e.g., high school certificate). This includes whether or not the student wants scholarship funding from programmes such as Chevening or Silver Scholarship schemes
- Again, this information excludes students currently receiving other types of scholarships offered by Kunming Medical University (such as CSC alumni scholarships) which mean they cannot submit any application forms for these programmes unless they withdraw their current scholarship applications through Kunming Medical University.
Filling The Form
If you plan to apply for a merit scholarship at Kunming Medical University, here’s what you need to know:
Improve Your Chances
Kunming Medical University is a key university in the CSC scholarship selection process. With many applicants applying, competition is high. In order to increase your chances of being recommended for a scholarship, follow these steps:
- Find out what documents are required from that university and submit accordingly
- Apply to universities which also have a separate application form
- Submit soft copies when asked for additional time
- Double check information, ensuring all requirements have been met when submitting
China Scholarship Council Application And Results Time Frame
Here’s how to apply for the Kunming Medical University Foundation Scholarship:
- Apply between October and February during the pre-admissions process
- Submit your CGS online application form by April
- Expect notification of selection by Kunming Medical University around May – June.
- You will be notified that your scholarship is approved in July or August so you can start university in September. First come, first serve!