About Chinese Government ScholarshipsIf you apply for scholarships at Northeast Normal University, you should knowledge of the following
- Qualified student applicants may apply and receive scholarships only at NNU
- NNU offers 2 types of scholarships - CSC Program Category Type A, a scholarship program set up by China's government to support both undergraduate and graduate students applying for Masters or PHD programs
- CGS University Scholarship  Program (CSC Program Category Type B) supports only graduate student applying for Masters or PHD programs. Both types of scholarships are submitted online via the Chinese Embassy in county where they're studying. There is no need to send hard copies in this lengthy process. You may apply for multiple scholarships, but do thorough research regarding which cannot be combined in a single application packet.
Research Specific Scholarship Options-To qualify for Northeast Normal University's type B scholarships, you must go to the CSC Scholarship section of their website. There are very few students recommended to compete for these scholarships.
- To be considered by the university, applicants must have a high academic track record. This is a highly competitive scholarship and so everything has to be perfect
- Applicants should first check out the various programs offered by the university and learn about what funding options it provides - fully funded or partially funded, renewable from year to year. They should also find out if any specific requirements apply from that particular university - competing level among universities is different too!
- Applicants should get in touch with a University scholarship counselor directly
Who Can Apply For The ScholarshipsNortheast Normal University only recommends applicants for the CSC scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria. Here they are:
- Applicants must be citizens of a different country and sound in mind and body
- Age requirements depend on the program - no more than 35 for Master’s level, 45 for Doctoral; pre-admissions already offered
- Must not be applying to another scholarship (must not hold any scholarships)
- Other universities should not nominate applicants as candidates
How To ApplyIn order to apply for a scholarship from Northeast Normal University, please fill the application form on the following website:
Click here and create a personal profile with all of your details. You will see an inline form. Fill out this form and enter your university’s application number when prompted. Note down the agency responsible for accepting applications for this university.
There are scholarships available for different levels of study, so please choose one that applies to you. Fill in all of the required information accurately and don't fabricate any information before submitting the application by clicking 'submit'. Once submitted, keep a copy of your form as well as any attachments that were sent, print off a copy if necessary or take hard copies home if needed. If you are applying to multiple universities then make sure to note down each university’s application number individually when completing their respective forms on "Northeast Normal University's" website - otherwise it will not allow you to submit more than one scholarship at once.
Maximize Your Success ChancesTo be recommended by Northeast Normal University here in Beijing for a CSC scholarship, it’s important to not only fulfil the criteria but go that extra mile.
Here is what you need to do:
- Research universities and their requirements like which documents they require and whether you must make an additional application form separate from the central scholarship one. Ensure when applying to multiple universities, you don't submit the same documents ;
- If possible, make sure your application with meet all criteria before submitting and double check again for mistake ;
- Aim for two recommendation letters: one from your school's head of department will be sufficient if unavailable then get another from a professor who taught alongside them about you over 3 terms or more.
China Scholarship Council Application And Results Time FrameApplicants seeking a Northeast Normal University Scholarship must complete the following steps:
- Apply to pre-ad up to February of the scholarship year
- Submit the CGS online form by April
- The selection process by Northeast Normal University is usually between May and June. The committee will review an accepted applicant's documents during this time. If they are satisfied, then your offer for a scholarship will be granted around July or August