About Chinese Government ScholarshipsYOU SHOULD KNOW THAT
- Northeastern University brain only offers scholarships for pre-admitted students.
- There are two types of scholarships - CGS, which are set up by the Chinese government to promote political relations and cultural exchange with other countries. Tuition scholarship covers full or partial tuition fees for an academic year, and is very competitive for this one. The second type of scholarship is the no application fee version, but unfortunately there need to be some paperwork involved in submitting it.
- Any applications must be submitted online and there will not be a need to send in hard copies of anything as Northeastern University will do all the work for you! You can submit multiple applications at once but it's best to research so you know which ones cannot be combined.
Before Filling The ApplicationBeing admitted into the prestigious Northeastern University requires very high qualifications. The university does not recommend many students for scholarship, because it ensures that they are only admitting the best.
It is a highly competitive category with distinct requirements, which can generally be broken down as follows:
- First find out more about what types of divisions are offered by Northeastern University - they include medicine, science and humanities. You can find more about these sections at the bottom of this article
- Find out what kind of scholarships are available - ie fully funded or partially funded, renewed on an annual basis etc.:
- Find out what type of qualifications you need to be eligible for each scholarship - every university has different standards; competition levels vary too
Are You Suitable For The CSC ScholarshipProspective students from outside of China who meet the eligibility requirements may apply for a CSC scholarship. Keep in mind that different programs have different age requirements, and you must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree to apply for a Doctorate program. In order to be considered you must also already have been admitted into Northeastern University. Other universities may not nominate applicants as CGS candidates for the CSC scholarships.
Filling The FormTo apply for the CSC scholarship, you’ll need to fill out an on-line form on the CSC website. To do this, make sure you first create a profile on the site with all your details. You’ll then need to fill out an application form that will automatically appear inline. Just enter your university of choice and click “submit.” Different types of scholarships are available for different programs; be sure to read the information that comes up about each type of scholarship before deciding which one best suits you. As soon as possible after completing your application, take a copy and file it in a safe place – just in case anything goes wrong or something gets lost – or if you need any reference down the line.
Maximize Your Success ChancesNortheastern University is one of the leading Chinese universities that select candidates for the CSC Scholarship, and its admissions process is competitive. Many people apply every year, and your chances of selection depend on how well your application stands out from those of other applicants. Here's what you need to know if you want to be recommended by Northeastern University for the 2022-2023 CSC scholarship:
- Check the university website to make sure you provide all required documents; each university asks for different records. Make sure not to submit duplicates across applications.
- Double check that you've provided all documents and details on the form before submitting it; this is crucial or else Northeastern University won't take your hard copy application into consideration.
- Reach out directly to professors who have taught or have supervised you in addition to obtaining two recommendation letters from former professors who are well aware of your academic strengths. Having two recommendations will increase your chance at being selected!
When To Apply And Wait For ResultsHere is a breakdown of the process of applying for a Northeastern University CSC Scholarship:
- You will need to submit your pre-admissions between October and February
- The online application form must be submitted by April
- Northeastern University will then review your application, and after you have been accepted they will send you confirmation that you can join the course starting in September.