The Ocean University of China Scholarship is open for international students. Ocean University of China (OUC) is a comprehensive university with particular strengths in oceanography and fisheries science, also OUC is one of the Double First-rate Universities in China. We have three campuses – Yushan, Fushan and Laoshan. There are 18 Faculties and 1 Fundamental Courses Teaching Center. At present, OUC has 3,300 staff and 24,700 full-time students, which including 15,300 undergraduate students, 7,500 master degree candidates and 1,800 doctoral candidates.
Annually there are over 1200 international students from more than 80 countries studying at OUC. Ocean University of China also admitted to offer Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship, Marine Scholarship of China, and Qingdao Municipal Government International Student Scholarship.We also provide OUC President Scholarship for international students. And OUC is the first batch that passed Quality Certification for Studying Abroad inChina.
Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program
Chinese Government Scholarship scheme is established to provide full scholarship to outstanding international students to study in Chinese universities. This scholarship only supports graduate students.
Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. Supporting Category.
This scholarship only supports graduate students.
2. Duration of Ocean University of China Scholarship.
This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers major study and Chinese language / preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
3. Instruction Language
Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
Details of the Scholarship Coverage
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
Note: Monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month): Master degree students: CNY 3,000 Yuan; Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 Yuan.
Agency Number and Application Duration
Agency number of OUC: 10423
Application duration: beginning of January to the end of March
Eligibility of Ocean University of China Scholarship
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Step 1 – Apply directly to your target university.
Step 2 -Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System
Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult your target university for the Instructions of the CGS Information System and Agency Number.
Step 3 – Submit all your application documents to your target university before the deadline.
NOTE: Only applications of recommended candidates from designated Chinese universities will be considered by CSC.
Application Documents (in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English);
2. Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
This should be a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. A CD of your own works (only required for arts students);
Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org );
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
8. The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
All documents should be bound together on top left corner. (You should submit TWO sets of bound documents).
No application documents will be returned.
Ocean University of China Scholarship Confirmation
1. University reviews the application documents and decides the nominated candidates.
2. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study inChinawith approval of the CSC.
3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. The CSC reviews eligibility and qualifications of nominated candidates, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients, and sends the admission documents to universities before June 30th. University sends the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to scholarship recipients
5. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION OCEAN UNIVERCITY OFCHINA
Address: Office N137, College of Foreign Language Building
No. 238 Songling Road, Qingdao, P. R. China
Postal Code: 266100
Telephone: 0086-532-66786653 / 85901666
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Website: http://sie.ouc.edu.cn www.ouc.edu.cn