The Renmin University of China Scholarships Program is the program that the Ministry of Education, or Bureau of Education of different provinces, municipal cities and some Chinese university offer to international students to pursue graduate studies in China. The Renmin University of China often referred to as RUC, or colloquially Renda is a public research university located in Haidian District of Beijing, China. Currently, 271 Chinese universities offer the “Chinese University Program” to international students.
Types, duration and teaching language
1. This program is offered to master and Ph.D. students. The mater program usually takes 2 to 3 years, and 4 years for Ph.D. programs;
2. The scholarship will support students for the whole duration. It includes the Chinese language study and major study. It cannot be extended.
Content of scholarship
For more detailed information, please log on to http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
How and when to apply
All the applicants can apply directly with Chinese universities. You must submit the scholarship application form as well as other required documents to the university. The application starts in October and ends in March.
1.applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health condition
2.Age and Education Background
●Master degree applicant must have bachelor’s degree and under 35.
●Ph.d degree applicant must have master’s degree and under 40.
3. Generally, this scholarship is not available to those who already studied in China
Procedure for Renmin University of China Scholarship
1. The applicant can apply the Chinese University Program to the university directly
2. Applicant must also log on to China Scholarship Council to fill out the application and print the application form.
3. Applicant must submit all the required documents and send it to the university.
Note: China Scholarship Council (CSC) only takes the application through those universities that run Chinese University Program. CSC doesn’t take an individual application. The agency number of the Renmin University of China is 10002.
Application documents (2 copies)
1.The application form of Chinese Government Scholarship (English or Chinese)
2. The notarized version of the highest diploma earned. If the applicant hasn’t earned the degree/diploma yet, the certificate of pre-gradation or other related documents must be submitted. Languages other than Chinese or English must be authenticated or notarized.
3. Trance of the highest degree earned. Languages other than Chinese or English must be authenticated or notarized.
5. Two recommendation letters from associate professors or professors, in Chinese or English.
6. The applicant applies for music majors must submit the musical works. Art major applicants must submit two scratches, two color paintings, and other arts in CD format.
7.The Physical Examination Report.
8. Please submit all the above documents to designated universities. All the documents are not returned to the applicants once submitted.
Admission and Notice
1. Chinese universities must review all the documents and decide the admission list.
2. Once applicants were admitted, CSC will review the admission list. Applicants then get the scholarship.
3. Every applicant can only take one offer from a Chinese university. Should the applicant get more than one offer, CSC will only grant one to the applicant.
4.CSC will send out the admission letter and JW201 form to the related Chinese universities, universities should send those documents to the applicants.
5. Applicants cannot change the university or major once registered with related universities.
6. If the applicant cannot register on time, the scholarship will be canceled.
International Students Office
Renmin University of China
Room 108, International Cultural Exchange Center
No. 59 Zhongguancun St.
People`s Republic of China