Some Facts About CSC ScholarshipsAt Shandong University, there are two types of scholarships available to prospective students:
Like other Chinese institutions of higher education, Shandong University offers scholarships exclusively for pre-admitted students. In total there are three types: bilateral scholarship programs (CSC Program Category type A), which support both undergraduate and graduate studies; CGS university scholarship  programs (CSC Program Category type B), which supports only graduate studies in masters or PHD programs; and a variety of different scholarships for incoming international or exchange students. For full eligibility information about either one, please see below. Our university also have various other capacity building programs for international students open to competitive applicants worldwide, including the Chang Jiang Scholar program, Fulbright Scholarship Program  and Confucius Institute Scholarship program that pays your tuition at SDU!
First StepsYou can apply for type B scholarships under the Shandong University Scholarship program. The university does not recommend many candidates for the scholarship, as only those with high academic qualifications are accepted into this category. It's highly competitive, and to receive a recommendation from Shandong University, all requirements must be met. Here are some recommendations on how to go about applying:
- Find out about various programs offered by the university and what scholarship types they offer - fully or partially funded - renewal rates, etc.,
- Get specific requirements from the university so you know what is being looked for in applicants so you have an idea of how competitive it may be,
- Speak with Executive Director X at Shandong University.
Who Can Apply For The ScholarshipsTo be considered for the CSC scholarship, applicants must meet eligibility requirements. They must be citizens of countries other than China and sound in mind and body; they should not have already received any scholarships or admitted to another university; they should not have been nominated by other universities.
Application FormIn order to apply for the CSC scholarship from Shandong University,
you will need to:
- Go to the CSC website and create a profile for yourself with all your details.
- Fill in the in-line application form with details of your preference. If you are applying for more than one scholarship, you cannot do so from this account. You need a separate account per university application.
- Notify the apporpriate agency by entering its number into the online form, and note down this agency number on any forms that you will submit later on.
- Choose whether it is a full or partial scholarship that suits your programme of study or field of work/study (for example: MBA). Different types of scholarships are available based on how much funding is required for each programme - if it is a half scholarship but otherwise not enough funding is available yet). Enter all the information asked in the form accurately and truthfully - these entries will be used by our authorities when they award you funds; remember, do not fabricate anything! Once done fill out all required fields inside this form including other personal particulars like savings cards, passport number etcetera etcetera ... Be sure to save an electronic copy after submitting it through our system (can also download
Maximize Your Success ChancesShandong University is one of the best Chinese universities that offers the CSC Scholarship. Applicants compete for the scholarship and many apply every year to Shandong University.
Here’s how to increase your chance at getting a CSC Scholarship from Shandong University:
- Check what’s needed! Each university will have different requirements, so make sure you know before holding on tight.
- Look for a separate application form? Some schools might need it.
- If any schools need time to verify your documents, submit your hard copies with your digital copies.
Double check all the requirements before submitting, and always get two recommendation letters from professors—they can help you give a great impression during an interview!
Target Dates For Applying And ResultsThe application process for our scholarship program takes about six months to complete. Here are the timeframes for each step:
- Pre-admissions can be submitted anytime between October and February
- We require you to submit the CGS form by April
- The selection process will be reviewed during May or June; your application will be approved or denied in July or August