Some Facts About CSC ScholarshipsShanghai Conservatory of Music is offering scholarships for its pre-admissions program, with two types of scholarship available to be applied for:
Type A - offered by the Chinese government and available to graduate students. These are heavily competitive
Type B - supported only by Shanghai Conservatory of Music, this scholarship is available only to those applying for masters or PhD programs. Both these scholarships can be obtained online and do not require any hard copies. These scholarships offer allowances such as tuition, accommodation and medical insurance as well as a monthly stipend.
Research Specific Scholarship OptionsShanghai Conservatory of Music offers scholarships in category ‘B’. Candidates are highly qualified academically, so the university only selects a small number for this type of scholarship. These scholarships are highly competitive and to be considered for one you need your application to stand out. Start by researching programmes offered by the university, as well as the different types of funding available under each scheme. Talk to CSC’s scholarships counselors about specific requirements for this kind of scholarship and what your competition will be like
Who Can Apply For The ScholarshipsTo be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet these criteria. Candidates can not be Chinese citizens and should have a sound mind and body. Scholarships are not for people who have already been offered another one or are too old or too young for the program.
How To ApplyShanghai Conservatory of Music offers a CSC scholarship, which you can apply for by filling out a form. To apply, go to the CSC website and create a profile for yourself. Click on the “Apply Now” button. Here, you will see an inline application form with tabs for the various parts of your CV: Education History, Schooling Details and Special Interests/Extracurricular Activities. Fill in only what you feel comfortable providing; if there are some details required but not applicable to your profile then leave them blank or click ‘Misc’ on the right-hand side of that particular tab. Click on “Submit” when done and read through some Terms & Conditions before confirming your submission by pressing ‘I accept these conditions’ at the bottom right-hand corner of this page. If successful, download the form containing all information filled in by you and keep it secure!
How To Make Sure You Are Awarded With The ScholarshipShanghai Conservatory of Music is one of China's leading colleges and universities, and we select candidates for the CSC Scholarship applying a rigorous selection process. Yearly there are many applicants to the CSC Scholarship whose competition level is high.
- check the university website for what it requests. At SCM, there are different documents required than at other universities - so don't just submit everything without looking!
- before submitting your application form, check if the university also requires an additional application form - some will.
- if you apply to SCM which requires time to verify your documents before taking hard copies, submit soft copies with your application form. Double-check your submission to ensure all required documents were provided before hitting that send button!
- get two recommendation letters from two separate professors who know you well; these letters will increase the strength of your application
China Scholarship Council Application And Results Time Frame- Apply for your CSC scholarship through Shanghai Conservatory of Music in October to February.
- Submit your pre-admissions application form by April
- The Shanghai Conservatory of Music will review applications recieved by July to August, giving you the opportunity to commence studies September. Congratulations!