Shanghai University is pleased to accept applications for the Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 for International Bachelors, Masters, and PhD Students.
This notice urges all eligible persons to apply as soon as possible for the Fully Funded Program in China.
With its establishment in 2006, the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to universities in Shanghai.
Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS-2021) is part the Social Responsibilities government to pay fees for international students in China.
About Shanghai University
Shanghai University, also known as Shangda or SHU, is a public university in Shanghai, China. It is also one the country’s most prestigious research universities. It has three campuses in Jiading, Jing’an and Baoshan.
The university was founded in 1922 as a revolutionary school. It has contributed many useful people to the cause for Chinese freedom and development. It was also consolidated four universities and became a research-intensive comprehensive university. In 1994, it also became the largest higher education institution in Shanghai Municipality.
Here’s what you need to know about the Shanghai Government Scholarship
There are two types of government scholarships available for international students who study in Shanghai: A and B.
Type A. This scholarship is only for students who are enrolled in Undergraduate, Master’s, or Doctoral degree programs. You will also receive tuition, accommodation, insurance for accidents, and a living allowance.
Type B. Only for students who are pursuing degrees is partial scholarship. This does not include tuition accident insurance.
Eligibility for the Shanghai Government Scholarship
The applicant must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students:
- Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- You must not be a student at Chinese universities when you apply.
- Apply for undergraduate programs if you are a high school graduate who is under 25 years old.
- Apply for doctoral programs if you are a holder of a master’s degree under 40.
- Apply for master’s degrees if you are a bachelor’s holder younger than 35
- You must be an excellent student and perform well in extra-curricular activities. However, you will not be awarded any other scholarships by the Chinese government.
- You must also meet the language proficiency requirements.
- A new certificate of proficiency in Chinese is required for the applicant’s general Chinese proficiency (HSK). It must also meet language requirements and professional regulations for the language of instruction at the applicant institution.
- You must meet the requirements to apply for professional and institutional regulations.
- Not all scholarships offered by the Chinese government can be obtained simultaneously.
Students can apply for the scholarship to study in any one of these programs.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Master’s Degree Programs (Excluded MBA and MTCSOL*). Note: MBA stands for Master of Business Administration;
The Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers Of Other Languages is referred to as MTCSOL.
Doctoral degree programs.
Why you should apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship
According to QS Best Student Cities Rankings, Shanghai is one of the top 40 international student cities.
Shanghai, which is also one of the largest cities in the world, has shaken the world with its recent development. It is now competing with other cities around the globe that have been established since ancient times.
Are you an eligible candidate? We encourage you apply for the 2021 Shanghai Government Scholarship, SGS 202.
NOTE: Field of Study I covers Philosophy, Economics and Legal Studies; Field of Study II covers Science, Engineering and Agriculture; Field of Study III covers Fine Arts and Medicine.