Some Facts About CSC ScholarshipsThe following details will be helpful when applying for scholarships at Shanghai Jiao Tong University:
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University offers scholarships only for pre-admitted students
- It offers two types of scholarship
- The Bilateral Program (CSC Program Category Type A) is supported by the Chinese government, providing support to both undergraduate and graduate students. If you are applying to the CGS University Scholarships   Program (CSC Program Category Type B), it is only available to graduate students undertaking Masters or PhD programs. Both applications are submitted online, with no requirement for hard copies. You can apply for multiple scholarships within the same application process, but some cannot be combined due to their differing requirements. Lastly, if a scholarship provides full coverage in tuition fees, accommodation fees and medical insurance then that may also include a monthly stipend too.
Before ApplyingIf you're looking for an university scholarship and Shanghai Jiao Tong University is one of your colleges, there are specific types of scholarships on offer:
- Type A: Fully funded scholarships with an average annual funding up to 250 000 yuan (£23,842.66
- Type B: Partially funded scholarships with variable annual funding up to 170 000 yuan (£14,672.21)
- Type C: Fully funded scholarships available at Shanghai Jiao Tong University for its own students only
- To qualify for Type B or Type C Scholarships applicants must meet minimum levels of academic performance and make a special application through the website (website address below). Applications will be discussed and scored by the Resource Centre Management Committee at Shanghai Jiao Tong University each semester
- "Types A and B categories are highly competitive – meeting the requirements for these requires everything to go well."
Who Is EligibleFor applicants to be eligible for consideration for a CSC scholarship from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, they should meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of a country other than China and must have a sound mind and healthy body
- Candidates must not be older than 35 for Master’s degree and 45 years old for Doctoral degree
- Pre-admission is required to apply; applicants should not already possess another undergraduate or graduate scholarship
- Applicants cannot possess nomination letters from other universities (for example, their own alma mater).
Filling The FormIf you are interested in applying for our CSC Scholarship, please do so by following these steps:
Step One: Create a profile on the CSC website, with all your details. You will be able to submit your application form through this account.
Step Two: Click on the "Apply Online" button on the CSC website's homepage to begin filling out an online application form. Clicking this link will take you to the first page of that form. There will be other options below it including 'Apply Now' and 'Next'. Selecting any other option besides Apply Now will exit you from this page setting to another section of the site. This is for convenience only but you are advised to not change anything without thoroughly reviewing it before selecting Next or Apply Now again, as clicking Next or Apply Now could finalize your decision.
Step Three: Select which type of scholarship you would like to apply for- undergraduate, graduate, or short term courses- and follow all instructions related thereto according to visa requirements-- UNSW offers many scholarships that cater specifically to international students coming from different parts of Africa!
How To Make Sure You Are Awarded With The ScholarshipThe Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China promotes the CSC scholarship through a rigorous selection process. Many candidates apply for the scholarship each year, and it's important to make your application stand out. Some guidelines:
- Check website for documents required ��check with each university- some will ask for different things
- Make sure to include separate application form if asked; be sure you've provided all required documents on this form (don't stop at mandatory items) ��If uploading hardcopy, submit softcopy as well
- Doublecheck requirements on YOUR application forms before submitting these forms; if you provide required information without reflection on form, chances are good that your request will be rejected later rather than reviewed on merit of qualifications/selection process�so check carefully!
- Submit two recommendation letters from previous professors
China Scholarship Council Application DeadlinesThe normal selection process for the Shanghai Jiao Tong University scholarship takes the following time:
- Pre-admissions: You must apply between October and February
- CGS Online Application Form: submitted by April
- Selection by CSC: approved in July or August on approval of application, to start September.