Good To KnowInternational students applying for scholarships at Shanghai Ocean University need to consider the following points:
- Scholarships offered by this university are only available for pre-enrolled students
- There are two types of scholarships on offer: One is set up by the Chinese government (Bilateral Program, also known as Type A) and is available to both undergraduates and graduates. The other type (Type B) is available only to graduate students applying for masters or PhD programs; there’s heavy competition for this scholarship.
- The deadline may vary depending on which scholarship you apply for; but all online applications will require no hard copies of documentation except in some cases where, if you’re applying for graduate programs, there might be an application fee which must be paid separately. You can apply for multiple scholarships at once, but some programs cannot be combined so do your research before making any decisions. If it’s a full scholarship—either type A or B—then tuition, accommodation, medical insurance and one monthly stipend are all included.
Do Your ResearchShanghai Ocean University offers scholarships for applicants interested in doing a dual degree program with a different university, as well as those who want to enter the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Every year a few students are accepted to Shanghai Ocean University's "Type B" scholarship category, which is based on academic excellence. It's highly competitive and requires an absolutely perfect application.
Interested students can start by finding out about the various programs offered by Shanghai Ocean University or contacting one of their scholarship counselors for more information.
Eligible StudentsUnless you meet the eligibility criteria, your application will not be recommended for Shanghai Ocean University’s scholarship. So before you submit a form please fill in this information:
- You must be a citizen of a country other than China and must be sound in body and mind.
- There are age restrictions on some scholarships, but they vary from program to program.
- You cannot be more than 35 years old if applying for a Masters degree or 45 years old if applying for a Doctoral degree. In addition, preadmission is required.
- You may only apply to one university at any given time so please review our website before submitting an application!
Filling The Application Form DetailsTo be eligible for the CSC scholarship at Shanghai Ocean University, you need to: Ø Ø Ø Ø Ø
Press the "up" arrow until you're in the proper paragraph. Place your cursor in that paragraph and then hit "CTRL-I." If you do not have a keyboard that includes an up and down arrow, please use your browser's find function to find "CTRL-I." Select all of these words and copy them by clicking CTL-c . Go back to the page where we began this technique. You should be back with these words: KERMIT'S WORDS $5 $DOOOLLAR$ !!!@#$&*()*+,-./:;?@ABCDEFGHIJKLNOPQRSTUVZ
Press CTRL-v . This will paste what we copied into the paragraph for which we had cursor placement earlier. When completed properly, your end result should look something like this:
Maximize Your Success ChancesTo be considered for a CSC scholarship, Shanghai Ocean University requires you to submit a detailed application. You can increase your chance of being recommended by the university for this scholarship in 2022 if you follow these few guidelines:
- Check the university website for specific requirements. Each school might ask for different documents.
- If some schools require separate documents from the CSC application form, send those instead of your hard copies.
- If some schools need time to verify your document before they process your hard copies, send soft copies and apply using a link on that site.
- Double check that all information is appropriate after submitting the application and supplying accompanying documents before hitting 'submit.'
China Scholarship Council Application DeadlinesThe CSC scholarship application process generally takes the following time, broken down into categories accordingly:
- Pre-admissions run from October to February
- The CGS Online Application must be submitted by April, and a selection will happen around May or June
- If an applicant is selected, the Shanghai Ocean University must approve their admission for September (following review) before they can accept it.
We hope you find this information helpful!