Shanghai University provides scholarships to pre-admitted students only. There are two types of scholarships offered --Bilateral Program (CSC Program Category Type A) - a scholarship that the Chinese government set up. The award goes to both undergraduate and graduate students. This can be applied for through the Chinese Embassy
- CGS University Scholarship  (CSC Program Category Type B) - this is specifically for graduate students applying for Masters or PhD programs. It's highly competitive, but there is no application fee associated with it.
Both scholarships can be submitted online, without needing hard copies sent in; whereas fees get paid when the applicant applies to the university's MA or PhD programs (not when applying for a scholarship). You can apply for multiple scholarships at the same time, but some cannot be combined unless you do thorough research on what what you're applying for before hand. For example, full CSC program type A and CGS university scholarship  - if they are full scholarships then they should cover tuition, accommodation, medical insurance AND a monthly stipend."
Before Filling The Application
Shanghai University offers a variety of scholarships to those who apply. These scholarships are highly competitive and only those with the highest qualifications are considered for them. Here's how to go about getting one:
- make sure you know what type of program the university offers, as well as scholarships and their requirements- find out if your knowledge, grades and extracurricular activities match those required by the program you're applying for;
- ask a scholarship counselor at Shanghai University about any other factors that would increase your chances of receiving a scholarship; be aware that there is always high competition for these awards and it's best not to be too hopeful.;
- come up with a strategy before applying.
Who Is Eligible
To be eligible for Shanghai University’s CSC scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a national of a country other than China
- Have sound mind and body
- Meet requirements by program (some specify age; some programs require only having earned bachelor's degree; others, master's degree)
- Be pre-admitted to Shanghai University for their desired program. Candidates should not have another scholarship offered to them or nomination from another university.
How To Apply
The CSC scholarship application process starts by creating your profile on the CSC website, specifying all your details. Fill in the inline form with all requested information, including your study program and what type of scholarships you are applying for. Different types of scholarships are available for different programs; fill in all required details accurately to be eligible. Once complete, click submit to download it as a PDF copy and save it as an extra reference.
How To Make Sure You Are Awarded With The Scholarship
Shanghai University is one of China’s top schools for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. To enter, we rank applicants by what you also need to submit:
- Cover letter
- SAT / ACT scores
If they want, any other document such as writing samples or GRE scores. If they accept email, upload it instead of mailing it. And if your documents can be verified later on, upload them as well with the online application form. When you're done with all this and finish the online application form and you’ve checked all boxes and uploaded what they ask for - then just hit submit! Lastly, get two recommendation letters from professors who know about schoolwork from your previous semesters!""
China Scholarship Council Application Deadlines
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship with Shanghai University, there are two steps to the process. The first is the pre-admissions stage. You must submit pre-admissions between October and February. Then, after submitting your CGS online application, you will wait to hear from Shanghai University about whether your application has been selected by mid- May - June. Application approval can occur as early as July - August and you should then be able to attend courses at SU from September onwards.