About Chinese Government Scholarships
If you want to be considered for a government-funded Chinese scholarship, SUFE will need to know your admission status before the end date of 31 May 2022. Being eligible for a scholarship doesn’t mean that you’ll automatically get one; colleges will be looking at your application and academic track record, and there may also be criteria such as geographical residence and ethnic background.
Do Your Research
In order to be considered for a Shanghai University of Finance and Economics scholarship you must first get accepted into one of our degree programs. This process is rigorous and competitive, but if you're successful then we could provide funding for your studies in the form of an award. Press play to learn more about the different types available at SUFE; are they only available to undergraduate students? Will they cover both tuition fees and living expenses? Click through to fill out this form with your contact details if your profile matches any eligibility requirements that we set. Work with an advisor so they can assess whether or not you meet our requirements and ensure that all necessary procedures have been followed rigorously.
Who Can Apply For The Scholarships
Unless you meet the requirements, your application will not be considered for the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics scholarship. Here are the requirements:
- You must be a citizen of a country other than China and be sound of mind and healthy in body.
- The eligibility requirements vary by type of degree.
- For doctoral degree, you must have completed at least one master's program first.
- You cannot hold two scholarships simultaneously for different institutions or departments/units, but can hold more than one scholarship with just one university.
Filling The Application Form Details
If you are applying for scholarship at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the CSC website and register your profile by entering your personal details. You will then see a link that says "Apply"
- Fill out the form and enter the name of the agency who is interested in your application
- Different scholarships may be offered for different programs – choose one that suits you. Fill in all of the necessary information as accurately as possible and submit it.
- Alternatively, print out a copy of your application before submitting it online.
Maximize Your Success Chances
One of the world's top universities, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics has a rigorous selection process for candidates applying to the CSC scholarship. If you're interested in being considered for the scholarship in 2022, follow these simple suggestions.
- Check CU’s website to find out what documentation is required by that university; different universities will require different sets of things. Be sure not to use one set of documents for every university; make sure you check what each university asks for separately
- If your school asks whether or not it can verify your documents before taking them (e.g., via email), provide soft copies along with hard copies when submitting an application--most likely they'll ask first before wanting to read your hard copy submissions :-
- Double check that you've provided all necessary materials (and information!) within your application form and hit 'submit' before hitting 'read.'
- Get at least two recommendation letters from previous professors!* One letter really isn't enough to prove yourself as someone worthy of this grant/scholarship opportunity! Having two letters from two different teachers will make it easier than one letter alone so pick wisely :)
China Scholarship Council Application Deadlines
The Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (CSC) is offering scholarships with the pre-accession process starting in October and continuing until February. Applicants must complete the CSC online application form by April. The selection for scholarships will be announced around May/June, with scholarship recipients contacted in July/August with "offer of admission