Things To ConsiderAs you apply for scholarships at Center South University, please note the following about the university:
- Shanghai University of International Business and Economics only offers scholarships to pre-admitted students
- It offers two kinds of scholarship--Chinese government-sponsored bilateral program (CSC Program Category Type A), for undergraduate and graduate students; CGS University Scholarship  Program (CSC Program Category Type B), for graduate student applying to Master or PHD programs. It is highly competitive for this type of scholarship. You will need to pay an application fee only if you are applying to a graduate program at the university itself.
Do Your ResearchYou can apply for one of these scholarships if you are enrolled at Shanghai University of International Business and Economics. Few students are recommended for this scholarship, as it's highly competitive, and to acquire a recommendation from the SUIBE, everything must be perfect. Here is some information on how to get started:
- Find out about the programs offered by the university. It is one of China’s leading universities and has many programs; look at the bottom of this article
- Learn about all of your options for scholarships (how funded they are, whether they're renewed). There are different requirements for different institutions; find out what SUIBE's specific requirements are; then compare with other institutions that you're considering applying to
- Talk with university guidance counselors
Who Is EligibleShanghai University of International Business and Economics can award you a scholarship if you meet the eligibility requirements. Here are some requirements for application:
- You must be a citizen of a country other than China and have sound mind and body
- Different programs have different age restrictions, so check individual criteria
- You must already have graduated with one degree, or have at least two years left to complete your bachelor's degree
- You can't be more than 35 to apply for Master's level, 45 for Doctoral level
- Preapplication is required before eligibility can be considered
- Applicants are not eligible to apply if they are offered another scholarship that the university has no control over or after nomination by another institutionandraisers. Don't lose out on your chance!
Application FormThis document outlines the process for applying for the CSC scholarship through Shanghai University of International Business and Economics. Please follow these steps:
Go to the Csc website and create a profile with all your details
Enter Shanghai University of International Business and Economics number in the online application form (available on their site)
Selection criteria include choosing which program you're applying to, as well as selecting what type of scholarship you would like to be considered for (e.g. Tier 5 or Tier 6)
If you are not accepted into CU scholarships, then reference this form when filling out forms for other universities so that they know which information has already been submitted.
Improve Your ChancesShanghai University of International Business and Economics is one of the best Chinese universities to apply for a CSC scholarship. Competition to get a slot over the past few years has been tough, with many people from all around China applying each year. Here are some things you can do to increase your chances of being accepted:
- Look out for what documents Shanghai University of International Business and Economics needs from you, and don't send them more than they ask for. Every university will be slightly different
- Double check your application form for any mistakes or missing information before submitting it - make sure everything's there!
- Get two recommendation letters from previous professors - it makes an excellent difference if they recommend you because of a strong academic performance or leadership skills!
China Scholarship Council Application DeadlinesScholarships are very competitive, so it’s important to be fully prepared before you apply for one. The entire process will take 2-3 months or more, so it’s best to start early. Here are the general timings of each part of the procedure:
- 0-2 months before applying: Pre-admissions process (October – February
- 1 month before applying: You need to fill in the online application form by April
- 1 week after sending the application form: Selection by Shanghai University of International Business and Economics will happen around May - June