Some Facts About CSC ScholarshipsIf you are applying for scholarships at Shanghai University of Sport it's important to be aware of the following details about the university.
- Only future students may apply for scholarships
- There are two types of scholarship depending on which degree you're applying for:
- Type A is the Bilateral Program, supported both by undergraduate and graduate students. You should contact the Chinese Embassy if you would like to apply for this type of scholarship
- Type B is only supported by graduate students who are applying to take a Masters or PhD program at Shanghai University of Sport, with heavy competition involved due to few occasions when they are offered.
- The application fee for these scholarships is waived, but there will be an application fee when starting your postgraduate studies at Shanghai University of Sport itself, which can't be waived in any circumstance.
- You can only apply for one type of scholarship at a time due to limited funding - do thorough research before deciding which type of scholarship suits your needs best!
Research Specific Scholarship OptionsShanghai University of Sport offers many different types of scholarships, the type B being just one. Tough it does not usually offer scholarships to many applicants, those selected are academically very strong. To get a recommendation from Shanghai University of Sport requires everything to be perfect. To apply for this category of scholarship first find out all about the university's various programs and research the different scholarship options available. Talk to a university scholarship counselor directly about these requirements too so you know what is required for success under this category.
Eligible StudentsShanghai University of Sport recommends applicants for our CSC scholarship only to students who meet certain eligibility requirements. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than China, and have a sound mind and a healthy body
- Have the right academic credentials for the program they're applying to
- Be preadmitted before application is considered
- Not have been offered another scholarship from another school. Aside from that, these are our main eligibility requirements.
Filling The Application Form DetailsIf you plan to apply for any of Shanghai University of Sport’s scholarships, please follow these instructions:
'First, create a CSC account and gather all your basic information.
Next, click on the "Apply" tab and enter basic details about which program you would like to apply for.
Choose the scholarship that suits your needs and provide all necessary information.
Finally, click "Submit." You will be able to save a copy of your submitted application as well as make any changes as needed.'
Improve Your ChancesShanghai University of Sport is one of the leading universities who select candidates for the CSC scholarship through a rigorous process. All applications tend to be very strong, and many are received for this scholarship each year.
Here's what will increase your chances of being chosen:
- Check that Shanghai University of Sport is looking for the same documents you're sending elsewhere. Ensure that you don't just send out all your documents blindly regardless of university - it varies!
- Check if they have some other application form, in addition to the CSC application form. Some universities will ask this.
- If some universities seem to want time verified on some documents before taking hard copies or you need time to gather some more required ones then provide soft copies with your application form instead initially, making sure you have everything they are asking on there completely before hitting submit! It'll save not so pleasant phone calls later on..
- Double check your application form before submitting it too make sure all requirements are complete and provided with creditable paperwork or online documentation available replacing anything else needed ; Make sure, creditably , that any documents which can replace requirements are already submitted . Have two letters from lecturer/s showing high level of work/grades/aptitude - regardless if these seem separate areas or not
China Scholarship Council Application DeadlinesApplying for the Shanghai University of Sport
Scholarship Scheme through CGS will take around
- 6 months’ time in total to complete
- The process includes Pre-Admission in October
to February, submitting the Application Form by April,
Selection at May to June by the University.
After reviewing your application, you are approved by July to August so that you can join the course in September. Congratulations!