About Chinese Government ScholarshipsSoochow University offers scholarships to pre-admitted students. The university provides this scholarship in two types - bilateral program (CSC Program Category Type A) and CGS University Scholarship   Program (CSC Program Category Type B). Only graduate students are eligible for Masters or PHD programs are eligible for the CGS University Scholarship   Program. There are no application fees for these scholarships, you have to pay an application fee only for graduate programs at Soochow University, talk to the international admissions team about the requirements. You can apply for multiple scholarships at once but some offer cannot be combined so do a thorough research of all of the scholarships available before applying. If it is full scholarship in both type A and type B it will cover tuition, accommodation, medical insurance and a monthly stipend.
Do Your ResearchIf you’re interested in applying for a scholarship to study at Soochow University, be sure to keep these points in mind:
- There are two types of scholarship you can apply for. Type A is available to any student studying full-time and who does not possess a bachelor’s degree, whilst type B is awarded solely for those recipients with high academic qualifications. It is a highly competitive event and if successful, the student will receive funding from their specific field of studies.
- You can find out about scholarships through the specific requirements of the university as well as the list of programmes offered by Soochow University at https://campuschina.org -"Type A Scholarships" which are available for those who don't have a college degree or listed as "Type B Scholarships" which requires great academic achievement or expertise."
Who Is EligibleTo be eligible for scholarship consideration, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of a country other than China and have sound mind and body.
- There is no age limit for Master's but bachelor's degree must be held. Doctoral eligibility is restricted to those aged 45 or less with at least two years work experience in the candidate’s field. Candidates are only selected by Soochow University if they are already admitted to another university. Candidates can't receive another scholarship given that the Soochow University Scholarship Committee only reviews applicants who are not enrolled in any universities during that academic year. Candidates should not be nominated by any other universities on behalf of CSC scholarships therefore the previous requirement does not apply to this seed text.
Filling The Application Form DetailsFor the CSC scholarship at Soochow University, please submit your application in the following manner:
- Go to the C.S.C. official website and create a profile for yourself with all your details including contact information, academic record, publications etc.,
- Explore the 'Apply Online' option on this site's main page to see if you are eligble to apply for any other scholarships or under- graduate degrees offered by SU or other participating universities,
- If you are applying for more than one university it is not possible to select them all at this time so please create a new account on each university's application system using your email address as login ID and remember these IDs should be different from what you used on SU’s system;
- Note down the agency number of each university;
- Enter the agency number in each of those application forms (SU or others) after clicking "Next" button (at bottom) BEFORE filling up their details;
- Fill out all required details asked in that particular form; we recommend that they be true and not fabricated – we will verify these details – and click “Submit” button ;
- Download your submitted form and keep a copy of it (paper) with important
Improve Your ChancesSoochow University is one of the leading universities that selects candidates for the CSC scholarship. This university chooses more applicants than it offers spaces, so competition is very high. Every year, many people apply for this scholarship.
Here are 5 tips to increase your chances of being recommended by Soochow University for the CSC Scholarship in 2022:
- Check what documents are required on their website before submitting an application. Each university will have different requirements, so make sure you check them out before blindly submitting some irrelevant document for all universities you're applying to. Some may not even require a separate application form as well, but instead just take your hardcopy documents and start processing it there and then - if that's what they prefer if submitted soft copies/uploaded online too! Make sure any required text fields have been filled in correctly too before moving onto submit button territory... as lastly, doublecheck to see if anything was missed out from form details/documents uploaded already as follow-ups!