About Chinese Government Scholarships1) There are two general types of scholarships, Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS) which are awarded to students in certain countries with diplomatic ties to China and Tuition Scholarships. You can apply for multiple Tuition Scholarships at the same time, but you need to contact the University before hand so they can check what type of combinations is acceptable. Deadline is 31st May.
- If you're studying at SMU on a scholarship offered by the Chinese Government - called CGS - then your chances
Research Specific Scholarship OptionsSince we can't all be counselors-in-residence at the CSC, we’ve assembled these hints to help students get started:
- Find out about the university's various programs and scholarship options (many offer full or partial funding; some are funded from one year to another; some require a higher GPA than others).
- Learn about the university's requirements for admission, including its cutoffs for GPA and test scores.
- Talk to a university scholarship counselor directly.
Are You Suitable For The CSC ScholarshipIn order to be eligible for the Southern Medical University scholarship, a candidate must be an international citizen and have a sound mind and a healthy body. Different programs have different age requirements; for Master’s candidates they cannot be older than 35 years old, whereas Doctoral candidates can be up to 45 years old. To qualify for the Southern Medical University scholarship, an applicant must also already be an undergraduate student at Southern Medical University.
Applicants are ineligible if they are nominated for another university’s scholarship or if they currently hold their own university’s scholarship. Part-time students are not eligible for this scholarship offer by Southern Medical University.
How To ApplySouthern Medical University’s CSC scholarship is open to those applying for undergraduate programs. To apply, you need to start by going on the university website and creating a profile with all your information.
This will automatically create an application form that you can then fill out. Keep in mind that if you’re applying to more than one university, you cannot use the same account for each scholarship program. To do so, you need to create a new account for each scholarship program from which you are applying.
Different scholarships are available for different programs as well as degrees of studies or type of profession chosen by students, so it's important that this matches what you're doing at University too! Scholarships can be department-specific and set up differently across campuses – some may only be open to part-time or full-time students – please read carefully before submitting your application! You must ensure that any details provided are true and provide accurate information about your qualifications and eligibility. Finally, make sure all fields of the form have been filled out before clicking the 'submit' button on the bottom right hand side of the screen - copies of these forms can also be downloaded or printed beforehand if needed.
Maximize Your Success ChancesSouthern Medical University is one that selects candidates for the CSC Scholarship through a rigorous process. It’s a tough scholarship to get, so it’s worth putting effort into this. To improve your chances of being recommended by Southern Medical University for the 2022-22 CSC Scholarship application, here are some steps you should take:
- Check their website to see what documents you need to submit, and don't blindly submit them like this - each school will ask for different documents and they may be in a different order (e.g., recommend that you start with your reference letter rather than your birth certificate
- If your university requires copies of all referenced documentation in addition to the CSC application form (the common practice), make sure that if possible you send in electronic copies when submitting your hard copies (this only applies if the other schools on your list also require this; many don't)
- Double check everything when finalising an application form, e.g., make sure all information provided is correct - any mistakes at this point will slow down processing times and dramatically reduce chances of getting shortlisted
- Get at least two recommendations from previous teachers or lecturers, or current colleagues - it's great to have these recommendations from two different people because then it proves how passionate about education you are
When To Apply And Wait For ResultsApplying for the Southern Medical University Scholarship is a lengthy process, but we're here to guide you along the way. Below is a breakdown of each stage of the process:
- Pre-admissions: The pre-admissins usually open between October and February. You must submit your application for this before April (CGS online application form) and then selections will happen around May – June
- Approval: This approval by Southern Medical University university will happen around July – August so that you can join the course September onwards.
So, make sure you plan ahead!