Some Facts About CSC ScholarshipsWhen you apply for scholarships at Southwest Jiaotong University, be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Only pre-admitted students can be awarded scholarships
- Southwest Jiaotong University offers two types of scholarships: the CSC Program Category Type A, which is set up by the Chinese government and supports both undergraduates and graduates, and the CGS University Scholarship  Program, which only supports graduate students applying for Masters or PHD programs.The application fee for these two types of scholarships is waived.
- Both are submitted online with no requirement to send hard copies separately.
- You are eligible to apply for multiple scholarships concurrently but not every scholarship can be combined with others - do your research before you decide! The scholarship will cover at least tuition, accommodation, medical insurance and a monthly stipend if it’s full scholarship in type A or type B."
Before Filling The ApplicationAt Southwest Jiaotong University, the type B category is one of four scholarships. There are strict requirements that must be met when you apply to this scholarship, and it is among the most competitive level. To have your application considered, you must:
- Find out about scholarships offered by Southwest Jiaotong University.
- Find a list of specific requirements for a multitude of topics in order to get accepted into a scholarship programme at SWJTU.
- Call the university directly in order to speak with a scholarship counselor and have any questions answered you might have before applying.
Who Is Eligible For The ScholarshipsSouthwest Jiaotong University requires that applicants meet all of the following eligibility requirements.
Applicants must be born in a country other than China, must be free of mind and body, and can’t be any older than 35 for Master degrees, 45 for Doctoral degrees. Furthermore, applicants should not have another scholarship offered to them already or they will not qualify for this award. Applicants should also attend pre-admissions through Southwest Jiaotong University to qualify. Lastly, it states that "other universities should not nominate" students who are eligible to apply so long as they are offered admission by Southwest Jiaotong University Award Committee.
How To ApplyCSC offers a scholarship for students who are applying to study at Southwest Jiaotong University, but you need to follow these steps:
· Go to the CSC website and create a profile for yourself, with all your details.
· You'll see an inline form - fill it out.
· If you're applying to more than one university, use a different account for each scholarship application.
· For each university that wants you as a student, find their contact number and enter it into the form on the CSC website.
· Choose the right type of scholarship from those offered based on your subject area of study. The level of scholarships differs depending on which course you take as well as whether or not it’s full-time or part-time.
Disclaimer: In some cases CSC will have promotional scholarships awarded exclusively by set criteria through their website only from time-to-time but this cannot be guaranteed so applies purely at our discretion and will be subjected to change without notice any time we deem fit (with no notification) and is not ratified even if detailed in our terms & conditions, general or specific – please refer Terms & Conditions page if required before taking further action!
Improve Your ChancesAs one of the few Chinese universities capable of providing a scholarship for an overseas Indian student, Southwest Jiaotong University is a competitive and rigorous agent of change. If you’re hoping to be considered for a CSC Scholarship in 2022, here are some steps you can take to increase the odds:
- Check what documents are required by each university; requirements can differ drastically. So make sure you don’t err on the side of “safety” by submitting your same documents for any school you plan to apply to
- Check if each university requires an application form (separate from the CSC application form). Some will ask for this information
- If universities require time to verify your documents before releasing them to your address, submit soft copies with the application form rather than hard copies until this is done. Double check that all required information has been specified properly in your submission (and provided) before pressing “submit” on your online CSC application form. And remember—two recommendation letters carry more weight than one!