Good To KnowHere are some key points to keep in mind when you apply for our scholarships:
- We offer scholarships exclusively to people who've been pre-admitted (i.e., who've applied and been accepted to study here
- You may qualify for either of two scholarship types: bilateral program, supported by the Chinese government and available through the Chinese embassy; or CGS university scholarship Program, supporting only graduate students and requiring heavy competition
- There is no application fee for scholarship awards. You will have to pay a separate application fee when applying for graduate studies at CBU, however
- You can only award one scholarship per student per term.* *If your award includes type A and type B scholarships, they cannot be combined together in a single application.
First StepsScholarships are usually categorized into two types.
Type B scholarships are available through Southwestern University of Finance and Economics's scholarship program, but only with very high academic qualifications. It’s competitive to get a recommendation from SWUFE - strong grades are essential, as is program-specific knowledge and fulfilling the university’s individual requirements for applicants. To start your application process, first make sure you know about the various SWUFE programs and their degree levels. Then visit our scholarships page where you can filter by area of interest to discover related scholarship opportunities. Once you have done research on these options, contact a SWUFE scholarship counselor to discuss your eligibility.
Eligible StudentsSouthwestern University of Finance and Economics does not recommend your application for the CSC scholarship unless you meet its eligibility requirements. Requirements include being a foreigner, sound of mind, healthy of body, different age restrictions for the various programs, holding the appropriate degree or higher and already being pre-admitted to Southwestern University of Finance and Economics. Additionally, you must not have received another scholarship offer from any other universities and your application is only considered if it has been nominated by Southwestern University of Finance and Economics as a potential candidate for CSC scholarships.
Filling The Application Form DetailsIf you want to apply for the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (CSC) Scholarship, follow these steps:
As you fill in each form, check that the details are true and do not fabricate any information. Click on the submit button at the end.
Download your submitted application form and keep it safe; you may need it again later on for other references. If desired, you can print out your completed forms and keep them with other papers. Canaver
Maximize The Probability Of Winning The ScholarshipSouthwestern University of Finance and Economics selects candidates for it's China Scholarship Council through a rigorous process. Many applications are received for this award every year, and the competition is high. To achive a higher chance of selecting your application in 2022, please follow these directions:
- Check the university website to find out what documents are required. Each university will have different requirements, so make sure you have enough to fill those gaps as necessary.
- If the university requires an additional application form as well as the CSC scholarship essay, submit them both as soon as possible so they don't take too long to verify your documents before receiving our hard copies.
- Double check your application form before submitting it to make sure all required information and/or documents are included.
Lastly, please submit two letters of reference from previous professors because they show additional support - especially if there is one from a professor that taught you in another subject or was not originally teaching you that year specifically for this scholarship opportunity.
When To Apply And Wait For ResultsYou can expect the following timeline for each step in applying for a CSC Scholarship through Southwestern University of Finance and Economics.
- Pre-admission: The University's pre-admissions period is between October and February
- CGS Online Application Form: Accessed from April onward.
In May, when the school chooses who to allocate scholarships to, you should hear from them by July or August if they have allocated one to you. You'll then be able to join your course in September after all administrative processes are complete. Way to go!