The new 2018 ‘Belt and Road’ Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for International Students” is now available at Sun Yat-sen University in China.
Sun Yat-sen University founded by Dr. Sun Yat-sen and with an educational tradition spanning over 100 years, is a preeminent research, academic and cultural center and the premier location for talent development in South China. Under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, and strongly supported by both the Ministry and Guangdong Province, Sun Yat-sen University has developed into a modern comprehensive university that enjoys a reputation as a top-tier university nationally and a renowned university internationally.
Sun Yat-sen University Belt and Road Scholarship Description:
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: (1) Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: RMB 56,000 yuan/person/academic year(including tuition fee RMB 26,000 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- (2) Science and Engineering Majors: RMB 63,800 yuan/person/academic year(including tuition fee RMB 33,800 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- (3) Medical Science Majors: RMB 78,000 yuan/person/academic year (including tuition fee RMB 48,000 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- The tuition fee in the scholarship will be deducted directly; thus the scholarship recipient won’t have to pay the tuition fee. Accommodation fee and comprehensive insurance for international students will be deducted from the living allowance in the scholarship, and the remaining amount will be transferred to the individual bank account of the recipient every month after enrolment and registration. However, the recipient shall be responsible for the fees of visa application, round-trip air tickets and physical examination, and all other fees.
- Nationality: Non-Chinese students are eligible
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Sun Yat-sen University Belt and Road Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
(1) Applicants should be non-Chinese with a valid foreign passport, and meet requirements in the “Notice of Regulating Admission of International Students in Colleges and Universities” (83).
(2) Applicants should be in good health and aged between 18 to 25 (date of birth between 1st January 1993 to 30th August 2018).
(3) Applicants should be friendly towards China, law-abiding, studious and well-conducted, without any records of a violation of Chinese laws, regulations or school rules.
(4) Applicants should be high school graduates, with their grades ranking among the top, or with excellence in social services, sports, music, cultural activities or leadership.
(5) Language Proficiency:
- Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: HSK 5 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other equivalent Chinese Learning Certificates;
- Science, Engineering and Medical Science Majors: HSK 4 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other equivalent Chinese Learning Certificates;
- Applicants who complete high school education with Chinese as the language of instruction should submit certificates of Chinese language proficiency issued by their schools and can be exempted from providing HSK Certificates after SYSU’s verification;
- Outstanding applicants who apply for the programme without adequate Chinese language proficiency must take a Chinese preparatory course for one academic year. Upon the completion of the course and the satisfaction of the language entry requirements, they can begin their undergraduate studies with Chinese as the language of instruction.
(6) Applicants should obtain a recommendation letter issued by the recommendation institutions* (refer to Appendix 1 for details) and be responsible for its authenticity.
Application Procedure for Sun Yat-sen University Belt and Road Scholarship:
How to Apply: Before 1st March, 2018, applicants should submit all application documents to the recommendation institutions in their home countries to obtain recommendation letters. Between 1stMarch, 2018 and 30th April, 2018, they should sign up on http://application.sysu.edu.cn, sign in to fill in the application form under the “SYSU scholarship” programme in an accurate and complete manner, and upload scanned copies of all supporting documents as required (Only PDF, JPG, JPEG and PNG files are acceptable, and each file size should not exceed 2MB).To complete the application, applicants should click the “submit” button.
All supporting documents and requirements are as follows (Those supporting documents that are not in Chinese or English should be accompanied by a formal certified translation in Chinese or English):
|1||Passport biographical page||1. A scanned colour copy should be submitted.|
2. Applicants staying in China at the time of application should provide the scanned colour copy of passport pages with the Chinese visa and entry seal.
3. Applicants who have not yet been granted a passport at the time of application can upload a scanned copy of their identity documents. They should apply for a passport in their own countries afterwards, and send a scanned copy of their passport biographical pages to admissions-at-mail.sysu.edu.cn before15thJune, 2018.
|2||Graduation certificate of the highest level of education||1. Applicants in their last year of high school should submit a pre-graduation certificate provided by their schools.|
2. Applicants who have graduated from high school should submit their high school graduation certificates.
|3||Transcripts from the highest level of education||1. Applicants in their last year of high school should submit transcripts of all courses taken provided by their schools.|
2. Applicants who have graduated from high school should submit transcripts of all courses taken during all the three school years and transcripts of the high school exit examination.
3. Applicants can also submit scores of international standardized tests, including SAT, ACT, A-level, AP and IB.
|4||Language Proficiency Certificate||Applicants can refer to “Entrance Requirements” for more details.|
|5||Recommendation letter||Applicants should upload recommendation letters from the recommendation institutions.|
Note: Institutions which have recommended more than one student should send a name list of all applicants recommended to admissions-at-mail.sysu.edu.cn before 30thApril, 2018.
|6||Personal statement||Personal Statement should be written in Chinese or English and might include a self-introduction, memorable learning experience, interests and hobbies, learning purposes, career plans after graduation, and so on.|
|7||Other supporting documents||Award Certificates or Experience Certificates|