Consider ThisWhen applying to study at Tongji University, you should be aware of the following details about the university. Scholarship opportunities are offered only for pre-admitted students or those already enrolled in specific MA or graduate studies programs, and include two types:
- CGS (scholarships set up by China's government to promote political relationship between countries
- Tuition scholarships cover full or partial tuition fees for a whole academic year. Student can reapply next year too. There is heavy competition for this scholarship.
Neither type requires an application fee; instead, you must pay the application fee only if applying to graduate studies programs through Tongji University. And both are submitted online without hard copies being required. You may apply for multiple scholarships at once - but some cannot be combined with one another depending on what has been offered - so make sure you do plenty of research before choosing which ones to apply for!
Before ApplyingIf you want to apply for scholarships with Tongji University, you should know that it is highly competitive. To qualify, you should have excellent academics, so first find out about the university’s programs. There are about 100 of them to choose from. Then identify the options for scholarships and what they offer financially - are they funded fully or partially? Check if they can be renewed yearly? What are their specific eligibility criteria? Finally, speak to a university scholarship counsellor directly!
Who Can Apply For The ScholarshipsUnless you meet the eligibility requirements, your application form does not stand a chance to get recommended by Tongji University for the CGS scholarship. Here are what our requirements are:
- Being an international student of any nationality (excluding Chinese) is required
- All applicants should be of sound mind and healthy body, express that if they have any mental or physical health issues on their application form. Applications that list any health problems will not be accepted
- Different programs have different age requirement; Master's program requires applicants to be at least 35 years old but Doctoral program requires applicants to be over 45 years old
- Applicant must be pre-admitted for consideration by Tongji University; it is only after submission of an online application form for admission before the applicant can come up as a candidate
Other universities cannot nominate volunteers as potential candidates for Tongji University’s scholarship program participation.
Filling The Application Form DetailsTo apply for the CSC scholarship, please complete this form using these instructions.
Go to the CSC website, create a profile with your information, and choose your studies.
Choose the relevant scholarship from the drop-down menu according to academic level.
Complete all fields in each section. Do not lie or falsify any details. If you are applying for another scholarship simultaneously, create an account on that different agency’s website separately.ansenate
How To Make Sure You Are Awarded With The ScholarshipTongji University is one of the top Chinese universities that offer the CSC scholarship to applicants through a rigorous selection process. Selection decisions are based on performance in either "exam" or "presentation". The competition for this scholarship is very high and many candidates apply every year. Our recommendation for CSC scholars in 2022:
- Check university lists to find out what documents they require and submit them separately. Universities may ask for different documents so check before submitting anything
- If there's a separate application form required, submit it along with your general CSC application form
- Before your hard copies get taken by the university, send them soft copies of all papers together with your application form
- Double-check all forms for requirements before submitting anything
Deadlines Of The Submission And Results For China Scholarship CouncilWhen you apply for a scholarship through Tongji University, here’s what you can expect:
- Pre-admissions: an application from October to February
- CGS Online Application Form: must be submitted by April
- Selection Process: the Tongji University will review your application from May through June and make their selection in July or August.
At this point, the university will get back to you about whether they've approved your application. They’ll let you know either way by September so that you can join the CSC course of your choice in October