Things To ConsiderWhen you apply for scholarships at University of Chinese Academic of Sciences, please note some important details about the university.
- University of Chinese Academic of Sciences's only scholarship opportunities are for students who've already been admitted. It offers two types of scholarship
- CGS (Chinese Government Scholarships): merit-based, valued in US Dollars to be used in China ONLY -Tuition scholarships for students that cover either A) the full cost of tuition or B) partial tuition fees.
- There is no application fee UNLESS you are applying to the Masters program at the said university. You need to pay a separate application fee when applying for graduate programs at UCAS if you do not want to accept its offered scholarships. A good idea would be to apply with multiple departments so there's less chance they all reject my request!
- Students can submit their requests for scholarships right from their own homes! There won't be any hard copies required once they're submitted online. Some requests cannot be combined though, so make sure that when researching which opportunities are available I know which ones I CAN combine :D
Before Filling The ApplicationUniversity of Chinese Academic of Sciences provides opportunities for high-achieving students to apply for the Type B category of scholarships. This category is particularly competitive and some candidates will not be recommended because their academic records do not meet the requirements. Here’s how you can start:
- Find out about UCAS’s range of world-class programs. It is ranked among China’s top universities and has made a name for itself in many areas, such as engineering, business or international studies,
- Learn more about the various scholarship options on offer and what kind of funding they provide – full or partial scholarships, renewed on an annual basis; some universities require you to have lived in a specific location
- Speak to university scholarship counsellors directly to find out if there are any other ways you can increase your chances of securing funding.
Who Can Apply For The ScholarshipsUniversity of Chinese Academic of Sciences is not permitted to recommend an applicant for a CSC scholarship unless they meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of another country and have the mental capacity, healthy body, and understanding mind.
- Different programs have different age restrictions - typically 18 years old for undergraduate study, 35 years old for master's degrees, 45 years old for doctoral study.
- If they've been pre-admitted to University of Chinese Academic of Sciences then their application will be considered and may be recommended for a CSC scholarship.
- They can't already be offered a scholarship from another university or agency sponsoring CGS applicants.
Filling The FormIf you are planning to apply for the CSC scholarship at University of Chinese Academic of Sciences, please note the following instructions.
To begin with, create an account on our website by completing all relevant details. If you are applying for more than one university, simply create a new account for each scholarship. Once completed, click on "Apply now" to design your own application form that meets the institution's specific requirements. Fill in this form carefully correct and choose your preferred scholarship at the end of this process. Remember that different scholarships are available depending on whether you're studying courses up to bachelor level or higher vocational education levels. Finally, download your application form and keep a copy of it as well as a hard copy if needed later on
Maximize The Probability Of Winning The ScholarshipHere's how to maximize your chances of being recommended for a University of Chinese Academic of Sciences CSC scholarship, as well as what to do if you don't receive a recommendation.
- Figure out which documents each university is requiring and submit the right types of documents
- Fill in any application forms that they might require. Some universities will only ask for an application form, so be careful you don't submit additional documents if they're not needed
- If they say it takes time to verify the duplicity of your document, then send soft copies with your application form-- or just fill in their online application form instead if possible
- Double check that everything is complete before submitting the form-- including any recommendations you might have received from professors!
Target Dates For Applying And ResultsWhen applying for the University of Chinese Academic of Sciences’s scholarship through C-Scholars, there are a few dates to keep in mind.
Pre-admission – You must get this between October and February of the year before you wish to start studying. If you miss this, you will have to wait until the following year.
CGS Online Application – This can be submitted by April of that same year.
University of Chinese Academic of Sciences will then select candidates from late May or early June onwards, approving those who meet their criteria during July or August so they can join from September onwards