Good To Know
When applying for a scholarship at University of Electronic Science and Technology of China please be aware of the following details about the university.
- University of Electronic Science and Technology of China offers scholarships to pre-admissions students only
- It provides two types of scholarships:
- Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS) are set up to promote cultural exchanges between countries;
Tuition Scholarships cover full or partial tuition fees for an academic year; there is heavy competition for this scholarship even among Chinese nationals, so don't wait too long if you want one. ƒ‰ƒª
Application fees are not required for either type of scholarship, but applicants should note that if applying for graduate programs, they do need to pay an application fee. ƒ‰ƒª
You can apply for multiple scholarships simultaneously - just make sure that certain types cannot be combined with others as it may cause confusion among universities looking at your applications.
Research Specific Scholarship Options
Scholarships for student research are available through two categories at University of Electronic Science and Technology of China. These are Type B scholarships, which are recommended only to the top-performing students of the middle group, who have gone through rigorous criteria. Successfully applying for this type of scholarship is difficult. Although it's possible to get a sponsorship from UESTC, applicants must be perfect in every other way too. Follow these steps:
- Research UESTC's website for information on different programs and their scholarship opportunities
- Determine what kind of fundings scholarships offer - Fully funded or partially funded, do they renew yearly?
- Find out UESTC's specific requirements - What grades will they allow you to take (A+, A-, B+, etc)? Will they rank your academic performance?
- Talk with an Adviser
Who Is Eligible
In order to be eligible for a University of Electronic Science and Technology of China scholarship, applicants must meet certain requirements.
- Must not be Chinese citizens
- Must be of sound mind and healthy body (different programs have different age restrictions
- Cannot exceed 35 years of age for Master’s degree; cannot exceed 45 years of age for PhD degree; must hold bachelor’s or master’s degrees
- Application should be pre-admitted to the University before application will be considered
- Applicant cannot already have another scholarship offered elsewhere
- Other universities are forbidden from nominating applicants as CGS candidates for the CSC Scholarship.
Filling The Form
To apply for the CSC scholarship in University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, please follow these instructions:
- Register for an account on the CSC website.
- Fill in the online application form.
- Create a profile with your full details at https://campuschina.org Be sure to enter your email address, full name, birth date, nationality and passport number when registering so it is easier to submit an application form later on
- Select 'CSC Scholarship' from the dropdown menu located under 'Scholarship Type'. You can change which scholarship you are applying for by continuing to scroll down this menu until you find your desired course type. Enter what year level of study you are currently in and if you would like to apply as a New Student or Undergraduate Transfer Transfer Student on this page as well
- All scholarships will have designated agencies that will provide more information about availability and requirements, so be sure to write down this agency number first
- Enter the designated agency's number into Section 3 of Form 9 of Form 10 on https://campuschina.org before clicking Submit at the bottom right hand side of your screen after checking over all information submitted carefully
- Print off copies as necessary once submissions have been complete
How To Make Sure You Are Awarded With The Scholarship
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China has introduced a competitive selection process for scholarships under the 2022 University of Electronic Science and Technology of China Scholarship Programme. Candidates are selected on the basis of academic performance, which is calculated using scores on their high school certificate, national test programmes including the GaoKao examination graduated from, and their overseas test papers.
When To Apply And Wait For Results
A CSC scholarship applicant should expect the following timeline for each process:
- A pre-admissions process which takes place between October and February
- An online application form which must be submitted by April
- Selection by University of Electronic Science and Technology of China will take place in May or June after a review of your application which you should receive around July or August.
Congratulations on your applications!